Sign in to follow this  
dixie_belle

Quilt Show

I've said this before, but I quilt just to keep me from going insane.  I have decided that maybe I should enter some in local shows.  So I had entered three in a show in Red Boiling Springs, TN (a darling little town about 45 minutes from here).  Not to toot my own horn, but TOOT, TOOT, TOOT.  My Ohio Star won 1st place in hand quilting.  My double wedding ring won second in hand quilting. AND.....wait for it.....the double wedding ring was awarded Viewers Choice.  I was absolutely speechless (and I am NEVER at a loss for words.)  All three of these in the picture were mine.  I was quite surprised and very pleased.   Unfortunately, the names on the ribbons were for my evil twin sister "Shelby" as opposed to me "Shelley".  And here I didn't even know I had a twin sister.  How funny was that?  I have all this time on my hands, babysitting hubby, and so I thought I'd put it to good use.  So I guess that is the silver lining.

IMG_1508.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woo Hoo!  Toot Toot!   And, Congrats!  

They are lovely.  I like them all, but really like the one on the right.

I like the one on the right the best, too!  Eye catching pattern.  Congratulations, they are all beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful quilts,  you are very talented!  Is the one on the right a drunkards's path pattern?

Yes it is.  Since I hand quilt, I knew I wanted to group the white pieces together somehow to showcase the quilting.  I'm really proud of that one as I made up the quilting pattern to fit the design, but it doesn't get a lot of attention at shows. 

I wonder why it doesn't get the attention?  Any idea?  I can't stop looking at it, to me it is mesmerizing.

• Like 1

I made a drunkards path quilt once, or my version of it, as I changed the curved pieces to straight edges.  Also, I set the blocks in a different setting than yours.  It certainly lends itself to different looks when playing with how they are turned.  I too like to make my own quilt template for the white areas instead of purchasing one.

Think of the pleasure you gave everyone who viewed them! I like them all.

Wow, they are all beautiful! Congratulations to you. I keep scrolling back up to see the one on the right love love love it.

I don't know why people don't respond to the one on the right.  I gave it a name:  Moroccan Fantasy.  I think it looks like some windows I've seen in pictures of Morocco and we all know I'll never get to see them in person so.........  And I'm really proud of this one because I made up the quilting pattern myself, as opposed to purchasing a stencil.  Took forever to draw this out and get it just right.  But I really love it.  I get to say that this is an original quilt.  And, even if it never gets a ribbon, I'm really proud of it.

IMG_1136.JPG

• Like 3