Sign in to follow this  
jeanniecogan

which cart is right for me

Good thing you weren't alone.  And that there was no water!  Glad that you and the boys suffered no residual effects from it.

• Thanks 1

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

I do have the Frontier Cart. It's the "Lightweight Trail Buggy" not the "Lightweight Marathon Style Carriage". So it's a bit bigger and heavier I guess. It's okay for a single horse on asphalt or other hardpac fairly level surfaces. It's pretty heavy for a single horse on a trail. The other carriage is only about 15# lighter than the one I have so I imagine it would be a lot for a single horse for long or trail type drives. I wouldn't ask Clementine to do 5 miles with it and we do that in the EE cart all the time.

My EE cart isn't a Frontier cart. It's a Kingston. One thing I like about the Frontier better is the heavy duty wheels. Though, I think Kingston uses them rather than the bicycle type wheels now. 

If it was me, I'd go for the Meadowbrook. I really want one too. They are so pretty. They make such a nice turnout when you get all harnesses up and that nice wood cart on. Beautiful. I looked at the "A Silver Penny" ones and they are so pretty.... Now you've got me thinking I need a new cart. My hubby may burry me in the backyard...... 

I have a Silver Penney wooden wheel, pleasure cart. It rides great with the elliptical springs. I have Trail driven, competed CDE, and done some pleasure shows with it. Not quite as dressy as the Meadowbrook, but only weighs 107 lbs. it has held up beautifully for many (15+) years, needs to be refinished but the wheels and everything else are still sound. One can also buy spoke wheels. Pam is wonderful to work with. 

AC60BE2F-E7E1-4A80-B2DF-DC463790D32E.jpeg

• Like 2