Equine sun visor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been having some trouble with Dapper Dan's eyes the last couple of  years.  I've been using allergy drops, which helps.  And he wears the Cashel fly mask.  His eyes ran almost constantly and I had to wash his face every day. The eye lids were quite red.   On a tip, I ordered a sun visor from this company.  He's been wearing it for about 3 weeks and his eyes are almost totally cleared up!  I think the sun is more of an issue than pollen.  Or perhaps this one filters more pollen.  It is very well made and the company was easy to work with.    I ordered the Miniature size, but they will custom fit to your measurements. http://www.equinesunvisor.com/

I used to use a very similar one for my big pony who had eye issues.  She had to live in one year round to protect her eyes and we had to use lubricating ointment once or twice a day in her eyes.    The vet had recommended the Sunvisor, but I was having good luck with what I had, so I stuck with that.  Good to know that the Sunvisor works well and that the company is easy to order from.  It is hard to find mini sized fly masks that are proportioned correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a really good fit Marsha , which can be extra impossible for the little ones. Near impossible to walk into a store here and buy one that says "Mini" size and it actually fits :)

Ive found the ones like yours with the reinforcement up top to be the best fitting ones. Im using the Equivisor on my minis here in summer.

Masks for Minis on Facebook makes a fly mask with sun shield for minis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Masks For Minis was the first to design and offer visor protection on their masks. ?

Latest posts

Back