New family member

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Our Shepherd Arielle is getting old and crippled up with arthritis, so the time had come to look for our next big dog. For various reasons we did not want another purebred Shepherd, and I was keeping an eye out for a crossbred.

Last night I found an ad for something different--a St. Bernard x Rottweiler. I messaged and turns out the family lives just a mile from us. I went to meet the Puppies, and bought one.

Meet Lexi! 7 weeks old.

So far she is a really good puppy. No accidents in the house so far! She seems very smart and is already getting very attached to me. If she "loses" me outside she sits down and howls. She is curious about the cats but backs eight off if one smacks her. When I go in with the ponies she goes and sits on the deck ( and howls!)

20180501_130133.jpg

She is very cute !!!! She will have a great life with you
default_smile.png

Adorable!!! She's already dependent on you, it sounds like......

We are liking this puppy so much. Even my mom admitted this morning that she is a smart puppy! (My mom was opposed to getting a St. Bernard cross).

St. Bernard traits--large size, tendency to drool, low prey drive, friendly, not aggressive. I would have to look at my notes again, I never remember everything on the list. In Lexi's case of course the Rottweiler mix could raise prey drive although this particular cross is said to be pretty laid back as a rule. Neither breed is big on roaming so I hope Lexi is easy to teach to stay home. I hope she won't be a drooler, though the way she drinks..... I will discourage her from liking other people; I don't do "sociable". :D

KIND EYES, always very important. she certainly has that traight???sp. you should socialize though . seriously she will know when someone shouldn't come too close. both breeds have an occasional "bad egg". ive seen it personally, not pretty. however, you should know by 2 months old. it sounds like she's a keeper. please socialize.

No, I do not and will not socialize. I have not done so with my last 3 puppies and it works much better.

Latest posts

Back