Weather

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heard that La Nina is losing steam. At last! By May, the pattern should be neutral and things should get back to "normal", weather-wise here on the prairie. We have drought and "historic red flag wind warnings". Three major cotton gin fires in the last month in our area with terrific damage. A fire very near us was sparked by power lines blowing together. All the firemen are exhausted. The fire in the NW part of the state is still going with terrible loss of property and livestock. Local fundraisers are going on to help the farmers with hay.

And some areas are having crazy snow.

Much of Montana was in a massive drought last year, 3/4 million acres or more burned in various fires across the state over the summer. Many are still seeing the repercussions of the fires with their cattle, lots of orphaned calves, cows with no milk or poor milk, etc; we've been lucky, our cows are doing ok even with the low quality hay (talked to a guy the other day that tested his hay, only 5% protein). This crappy winter weather that has hung on through much of April, has probably helped to finally break the drought, although it's probably not fully over, yet.

Stay safe, and I hope your weather and conditions improve soon.

Our summer weather has hung around longer this year, even though we get quite warm Autumn weather here.

That is crazy weather Marsha

We finally finished with the snow. In the past two days, the trees have budded up and are all tinged with green.

AND THE SUN SHINED ALL DAY TODAY! Yes, I was yelling there in all caps :) For two days the sun has beamed upon us. We had no sun for about a month and I was getting moldy. And cranky. Two days of sun was heavenly!

Last edited by a moderator:
We had two gorgeous days of sunshine and no wind! It is raining today, but no one minds because we are so dry. No mold here; we are more like sponges, soaking it up.

Lots of damage from the late freeze. Wheat is ruined. Iris won't bloom. Wild sand plums frozen, so no fruit. Die-back on roses and trees from the new growth being frozen.

Glad you are getting sunshine in the NE and seeing some green.

Ryan, the warm autumn must be extending your gardening.

Definitely , though we are in desperate need of rain here , and none in the near forecast.

Sorry you have lost the chance of fruit and other things from the freeze. If your like me , I find it quite sad that Im not going to see the difference in fruit from one year to the next. Not only that, I've lost a few ornamental pear trees this year due to high winds. They were part of an avenue of trees (10 year growth) , I was shattered when I saw them lying on the ground.

Weather will be weather
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back