Does lilbeginnings still do miniature horse rescue?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annette964

Reaction score
I am looking for a miniature horse rescue that can pick up horses in Missouri. I am really hoping you guys still do rescue as I know you are a reputable board and the horses would have excellent care.

I am looking for a miniature horse rescue that can pick up horses in Missouri. I am really hoping you guys still do rescue as I know you are a reputable board and the horses would have excellent care.
Last Chance mini rescue closed a few years ago. I think there is one in Minnesota (might be Michigan), but would have to dig for details. There was one in ND, but not sure if they are still active or not.

Google Horse Rescues in Missouri. They are generally all breed rescues so can help you out even though yours are minis. Good Luck!

This one is a registered rescue and is 501c as well, so a good option to contact for surrendering your horses.

https://www.missouriforgetmenot.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Annette964 The BOD for Chance's disolved the rescue name and officailly closed it October 2014.

To add to Monas below is a link for you to see the 501( c )(3) public charities proven and recommended by LB.

http://www.lilbeginnings.com/breeders/rescue/index.html

Good luck! hope you can get transport.

Please note: Lil Beginnings was never a rescue but we did provide a forum for some of our members who at the time tirelessly worked to form the much needed mini horse rescue.

Just for the record, Debby, the "Last Chance Rescue" helped A LOT of people, but more importantly, A LOT of minis. We fostered one little fellow during that time and I felt confident that he went to a great home.

Thanks Maryanne! that must have been before my time. All I remember is Chances Mini Horse Rescue, not run by LB at all although it did form here by members on this platform. I remember well little Chance with the broken back, also the yearly $3. missions that Carolyn did right up until the year their bod changed and eventually shut it down and re-opened a rescue in another name.

....Mid to end 90's I think it was I worked with Ginny St Pierre and some other bod members designing a brochure for them. So sorry, I wasn't aware of a rescue called Last Chance that was Mary Lou's.

Debby, Maryann was not disputing anything...she was "adding" to your comment. She said Last Chance Rescue, not LB. BUT, Maryann, it was not named Last Chance Rescue...it was Chances Miniature Horse Rescue (CMHR).

Thanks Maryanne! that must have been before my time. All I remember is Chances Mini Horse Rescue, not run by LB at all although it did form here by members on this platform. I remember well little Chance with the broken back, also the yearly $3. missions that Carolyn did right up until the year their bod changed and eventually shut it down and re-opened a rescue in another name.

....Mid to end 90's I think it was I worked with Ginny St Pierre and some other bod members designing a brochure for them. So sorry, I wasn't aware of a rescue called Last Chance that was Mary Lou's.

Mona I was referring to the Title of this topic "Does lilbeginnings still do miniature horse rescue?" .... it's worded like LB ran the rescue so thought to address that. I did notice though that 2 different people referred to the name as Last Chance rescue so I wasn't sure we weren't speaking of 2 different rescues LOL.

LOL!! OK, I guess that one went over my head! LOL! Got it all straightened out now. LOL!!

Mona I was referring to the Title of this topic "Does lilbeginnings still do miniature horse rescue?" .... it's worded like LB ran the rescue so thought to address that. I did notice though that 2 different people referred to the name as Last Chance rescue so I wasn't sure we weren't speaking of 2 different rescues LOL.

Frankly, I couldn't remember the name .... I just remembered the word "Chance" was in it. I also remember it was a HUGE responsibility for a group of people and they relied on folks in many different states to foster. We were asked to foster a little fellow towards the end.

Oops, yes, I got the name wrong too. Should have just gone with the acronym: CMHR.

Latest posts

Back