Sign in to follow this  
Cayuse

Quiessence/Remission question

Posted (edited)

She did feel through his fur. She was right in thinking he was a little overweight, but I think in trying to relate her concerns about his health she went a little overboard to make sure I got the message.

We went through a drought two summers ago. Hay was expensive and what we did get was not great. Hope you get rain soon if you haven't already.

Edited by Cayuse
  • Like 1

We went through a drought two summers ago. Hay was expensive and what we did get was not great. Hope you get rain soon if you haven't already.

I'm in Montana, we're still under snow, but hopefully spring will show up soon.

My horse was on Quiescence for about a year and a half, but gradually started turning his nose up at it, and finally refused to eat it at all. About 2 months ago I switched to EquiLife's Formula 4 Feet. He gobbles it up and it seems to be working well. The bag is expensive, but since the dose is very small, it is actually a bit cheaper than Quiescence. He's still "chubby" (which is not the word my vet uses, either...) but at least this is a great ration balancer (so he doesn't need grain) on top of being very good for insulin resistance and metabolic support.

• Like 1

I ended up putting Peanut  back on the Remission.  I was not happy with the Quiessence in the long run.  The weight gain and increased cresty neck continued for the month that I had him on it. 

The postive part of the experiment is that the  Quiessence customer service is great, they were very helpful when I emailed a question to them. And the product did take the "hot and fizzy" edge of Peanut.  A+ for both of those things.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1