Feral Rescue in Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the mare. But now at least you have a reason as to why she is fearful. Can I ask how you discovered the vision loss? Is hear hearing OK?

Lucky girl to have found an understanding home.

How is that cute little baby?
Cayuse - When our new barn was finished, we moved the ponies in and it stressed mama out significantly. She had a drastic drop in milk supply and Bee-bop got severely dehydrated and had a severe case of colic with impaction. There were lots of late night vet visits over a period of 4 days. My vet just happened to notice some cloudiness (he had a flashlight) in one of her eyes and did several simple vision tests and she failed all of them. Her hearing is perfect! Bee-bop is thriving and happy as a clam. Now that he lives on our property he is friendly and potentially over socialized. ;-) 

* Photo of him this morning with my girls (post body clip) and one from last week. 

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

He is handsome, and he doesn't look shy either :)

Sorry to hear about the colic, sounds like it was a LONG four days.  But he looks like he recovered just fine judging by the video of him on the other thread ?.

Interesting about the mare, I wonder how long her vision has been a problem for her.

If you should choose to breed the mare, or if an oops occurs, you can put a bell on her foal so she can more easily find it.  [Just hang around the foal's neck with a light string (so it can break should it be necessary).]

Latest posts

Back