Scoops, tubs, buckets, oh my!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
Just curious for those of you who feed supplements, doesn't matter what supplements... What do you do with the buckets and scoops after the supplements are gone? I feed a couple supplements on a regular basis, so have a fair size pile scoops and buckets, tubs and jars. Saving scoops is nice, as if something comes without a scoop, I have one available (now and then, they forget to put one in the package); also nice to have an assortment, as most are designed for full-size horses, so if you have a variety of sizes you just might have one the right size for scooping supplements for minis. [Have enough saved, that I started tossing them more recently.] The tubs and buckets usually end up in hubby's shop for nails, screws, garbage, etc. Part of me wishes supplement companies would give you the options of a tub for storage or a bag for refill, so I wouldn't have so many tubs and buckets to find a use or place for. So, what do you do with your scoops and tubs?

I keep them around for awhile. Scoops end up getting lost, or I drop one and it gets stepped on and broken--so after awhile I do longer have so many extras. Tubs/pails get repurposed for nails, treats, whatever. Or they sit empty for awhile and then I clean the shed and throw them out.

Tubs and buckets get used to store their next meal in, usually breakfast and dinner as I pre-make those. A couple of buckets I use to scoop out the chopped hay as it holds just the right size for a snack. I keep a few extra scoops around because they are always getting lost. Works out pretty well, just about the time a bucket looks shabby or the lid cracks or whatever, a new one comes along.

My supplements come in paper bags. I had to buy a coupe of food safe containers to put them in. But I'd rather do this than have a lot of plastic buckets and scoops. The scoops are sized for big horses and I can't use them any way. The buckets come in sort of handy, though.
I wish more of the supplements I use came in bags, or at least the option of bucket or bag, so you could buy in the bucket when you need the bucket, or in a bag when you are refilling.

I have noticed that a few of the supplements I've been using are changing their packaging and they are going from bucket/tub to bag, so it will soon probably be a good thing that I've been saving buckets.

I use my remission buckets for mostly things that have already been mentioned here but also I use them for planting flowers in, they make pretty nice pots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back