New to Board - Introduction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DruidLioness

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself so y'all didn't think you'd picked up some weird lurker on here. Lol

My name is Mel and I live in Western NC. I'm looking to get my first mini in 18 years. Life sure has a way of taking hold. A lot has changed in the time I've been away it seems. A lot of the breeders I knew of are gone and now it appears it's going to be difficult trying to find what I'm looking for without having to go more than my desired distance.

I've bought horses online before but it was a long time ago and I'm rusty. I fear I offended one breeder asking for a video and questions about possible vices or conformation faults. Is that not done any more? Is there a new, better way? I'm eager to learn. I'll probably need some help, or at least a shoulder or two to lean on, before this is all said and done so wanted to introduce myself politely before I make a pest of myself later. Lol

hi Mel, welcome to our forum, there's mo such thing as a pest on here and you won't be one either.

my husband and i are bringing our minis your way. we are trying to move to aiken, sc. what do u do with minis?

i mostly trail drive though they have mini and driving shows in aiken and i am looking at that too.

Thank you Jeannie. I hope that you and your minis love Aiken. It is nice there. I'd like to do some trail driving myself. Maybe show. I know eventually I'd like to breed on a small scale. I'm a horse lady that's had to live too much of her life without horses. Now that I'm finally in a position to own again I won't let that happen anymore.

well, i got my first horse when i was 39, even though my mom says i was born wanting a horse (in the middle of Cleveland ohio) now i im older and have 2 minis, both that pull a cart or wagon. good luck,

i think things are the same buying and selling horses, you just ran into a person that didn't know that, maybe a beginner.

Hi and welcome. I have never purchased online but I considered a few in the past couple of years. I was in contact with a couple of breeders before I bought my last mini and they were happy to provide videos and answer questions. I think maybe you just had bad luck this time out. I discussed a pre-purchase vet check by a third party (disinterested in the sale) vet and that was no issue, either. I would not buy a horse I can't see in person without a vet check, that would be out of my comfort zone by far, and a deal breaker if the seller balked.

Hopefully some breeders will post with their views, too. It would be good the hear the other side of buying (selling!)

Good luck with your search. Hope to read a post about your new mini soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome (back) to the world of minis and to the forum. All I have to say is if you feel you have offended someone by asking questions and asking for video(s) then those people were ones to steer clear of anyway, so they weeded themselves. :)

Thank you for the welcome Cayuse and Mona. I really appreciate it.

I had my last mini stallion shipped to me across the country but that was 20 years ago. Lol With all this Twitter and Instagram stuff out there that I don't use I fear I'm a bit behind the times sometimes.

I've actually been in contact with a breeder I found only 30 miles from me. Unfortunately they sold out of most of their stock in October and don't have anything for sale at the moment but they know people who do so my search may just have gotten a whole lot easier. I've had a big smile on my face all day and will probably be dreaming of minis tonight.
default_smile.png

Welcome back to the "potato chip" addiction! <smile> I looked up Lucky Four Farm which was located in Advance, NC. but couldn't find them. My husband said the last he'd heard they were cutting back....... Larry and I always enjoyed them and liked their breeding, so am sorry if they've pulled out. They were also great clients for us when we were in the miniature hauling business.

Have you checked on line for any AMHA or AMHR clubs in your general region? They usually have a listing of members on their website.

Hi Miniv and thank you for the welcome.
default_smile.png
I actually spoke to someone in one of the local clubs yesterday and I'm looking into another that is near me.

Things are moving forward and I couldn't be happier.

Latest posts

Back