Post/Share your 2018 Mini Horse Foals - Photos & Videos Welcome!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
Annual LB Foal Announcements!

/monthly_02_2014/post-535-0-52519800-1392130468.gif​

We all love to see the foals each year! Please post your 2018 foal announcements and photos/videos here so we can all see them!
default_smile.png

Love these photos! Congratulations on your lovely, healthy, big surprise. i wouldn't be able to keep my hands off him..and wait till you hear his voice you'll just melt,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late update.

After a rough start to our foaling season (two mares aborting and one mare losing her colt to a red bag than prolapsing (had to euthanize)) we have two healthy foals on the ground.

On April 10, Piney Woods Iniki Puzzle (HZ tobiano LWO+) gave us a gorgeous smoky black tobiano LWO+ colt by LK Buckeroo Zipit (perlino). MA2 Zipits Puzzling Picasso, barn name Picasso.

On Friday 13, Creta Hills Lotto Sweet Rain gave us a tiny and spunky buckskin LWO+ filly, by Magic Mans Top Ticket (smoky black sabino LWO+). MA2 Tickets Party Girl. We have not picked a barn name out for her yet.

20180420_165748-1.jpg

20180420_165617-1.jpg

Sorry for the late update.

After a rough start to our foaling season (two mares aborting and one mare losing her colt to a red bag than prolapsing (had to euthanize)) we have two healthy foals on the ground.

On April 10, Piney Woods Iniki Puzzle (HZ tobiano LWO+) gave us a gorgeous smoky black tobiano LWO+ colt by LK Buckeroo Zipit (perlino). MA2 Zipits Puzzling Picasso, barn name Picasso.

On Friday 13, Creta Hills Lotto Sweet Rain gave us a tiny and spunky buckskin LWO+ filly, by Magic Mans Top Ticket (smoky black sabino LWO+). MA2 Tickets Party Girl. We have not picked a barn name out for her yet.
You had an eventful spring. Sorry to hear of the rough start. But the babies are lovely. Creta Hills is near me and I worked with her to rescue a herd one time.

So far we have a mini spotted Jennet, a dun mini colt and a pinto Shetland filly. Lots more to come.
attachicon.gif
20180502_164105.jpg
attachicon.gif
20180502_163938.jpg
attachicon.gif
20180502_214140.jpg
Nice to see a posts from you! Nice babies!

Nice trio of babies, Amysue. I like the dun colt. I have heard an old wives tale that buckskins and duns are supposed to be the "toughest color". Not tough as in hard to train or disposition wise but in a scrappy, rugged way. Anyone else ever hear that?

I believe the rumor about duns being scrappy....his first day out in the yard he jumped right into the ornamental fish pond! Kept his head above water, climbed right out and took off like a bat outta heck. Scared the crap out of us. lol

Rosalind had a tiny little sorrel filly today, she is already a little terror. Love her. Still waiting for one more shetland, two more minis and a jenny to foal. 20180506_093156.jpg

I believe the rumor about duns being scrappy....his first day out in the yard he jumped right into the ornamental fish pond! Kept his head above water, climbed right out and took off like a bat outta heck. Scared the crap out of us. lol
I had a feeling he was going to be one to watch, lol. He sounds like a brave one. Maybe he will be a fearless combined driving mini, water hazards won't stop him!

ETA: congrats on the filly, she looks very inquisitive. And cute :)

Had a rough night with my favorite mare, snowbunny. Her foal was head down and I couldn't reposition, my vet got the filly out, lost her unfortunately but snowy should hopefully pull through. Shes on excede and gentecin and banamine.

Magic Marker Miniatures welcomed a refined and leggy palomino filly at 7:30 am. She has a star and snip; and looks to have white on all four legs. 7 1/2" cannons.

She was a red bag but was able to break through and deliver filly in time.

Still trying to come up with a name. Three more to go.

20180512_105158-1.jpg

Well Wind surprised us with a Mothers Day baby.

She did not look at all ready but woke me up around 3 am in labor. The foal looks to be a silver dapple colt with a blaze and at least one white sock. He is very lax with his tendons but should strengthen with time.

We had bred Wind (smoky black sabino pinto) to Zipit (perlino). While still in heat, Rohan (silver smoky black - HZ silver and black) got under the chain link fence and made a bee line to her. Three other mares in heat and he went to her. We never wanted those two to breed again because their first colt had dwarf characteristics. If the colt is silver dapple, Rohan is most likely the sire. Their first colt was lax in the tendons when born but his legs straightened out. First colt had short neck and a monkey jaw. This colts neck looks short. Gums are even. 

He was slow to get up and move around. I expressed 12 ccs of colostrum from mom and gave it to him. Helped him get some energy. He is getting up on his own now and nursing.

20180513_065409-1.jpg

20180513_065846-1.jpg

Well Wind surprised us with a Mothers Day baby.

She did not look at all ready but woke me up around 3 am in labor. The foal looks to be a silver dapple colt with a blaze and at least one white sock. He is very lax with his tendons but should strengthen with time.

We had bred Wind (smoky black sabino pinto) to Zipit (perlino). While still in heat, Rohan (silver smoky black - HZ silver and black) got under the chain link fence and made a bee line to her. Three other mares in heat and he went to her. We never wanted those two to breed again because their first colt had dwarf characteristics. If the colt is silver dapple, Rohan is most likely the sire. Their first colt was lax in the tendons when born but his legs straightened out. First colt had short neck and a monkey jaw. This colts neck looks short. Gums are even. 

He was slow to get up and move around. I expressed 12 ccs of colostrum from mom and gave it to him. Helped him get some energy. He is getting up on his own now and nursing.

Latest posts

Back