Sign in to follow this  
Cayuse

Shedding Yet?

I have heard that but never thought it would work. I guess I though it it wouldn't mimic natural light enough to make a!difference.

I've never tried it, but heard it works. And, if you search it, you'll find all kind of information, although there is more research into adding light to bring mares into earlier estrous for earlier breeding.
  • Like 3

No im not ready for shedding . Only because when its shedding there , Its growing here and Im just not ready to part with summer, Just yet :rofl

• Like 2

Dapper Dan is shedding a little. Buckly not at all. Can hardly wait to clip. I know there are horses under all that hair somewhere. You should see the farrier trying to find those little feet...

• Like 1

Our soon to be moms are shedding like crazy. As well as the stallions including my Paint stallion. Rest of the herd is shedding a little.

Our weather has been bouncing up and down for the last 6 weeks. Sunny and 70 one day, the next in the 30's with snow flurries. Crazy weather.

We had a hot spell but now it has dropped to the low 30's so I stopped using the grooming rake until it warms up again. My horses usually begin losing their winter coats in February and I have a particular genetic line that sheds heavily before the rest and keep really slick coats.

Shedding like crazy here. Our weather is weird my poor horses are either soaked in sweat or have frost on them, mornings being like 26 and this afternoon 75.

Ditto to crazy weather.......Fortunately not a bunch of shedding yet. We've had 60 degree weather and this morning several inches of snow......Go figure.

Posted (edited)

The weather here is just awful, one snow storm after another. I like winter but I am over this one. It has been long.

Cappy never finished the shedding that he started. He lost tons of hair, then quit. So I will have to clip soon. Peanut is shedding. I won't clip him, he always looks so much worse when clipped than with a little fuzz. He grows in all patchy and bristley no matter what I do. He does not have a heavy coat at all so Mother Nature can deal with him.

It sure would be nice to be able to give them all a bath!

Edited by Cayuse

My mare who was pregnant at the time started shedding in December! I also have two other geldings that are shedding heavily now. I'm in MI.

Shedding begins. But we just had a dip into the low 20's, so I'm glad I did not clip yet. Hopefully next week. When I brush, I can see they have been sweating a little.