Very sorry for both your mare and you..... Hope she hasn't grieved too much. :(

• Like 1

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

When I moved her from the stall she delivered to a drier one, she could care less.

She was still having issues with the placenta. The only time she got excited was when the other broodmares in the dry lot started calling. I think she had time to know that the baby was not alive.

• Like 3

Well, we sadly lost another foal. A black frame filly out of a black LP/lp splash mare and by our tiny frame sabino stallion.

Foal was only 268 days. Placenta was half way delivered when I looked out to mare pen. Got dressed and shoes on. When we got her in the barn, realized she had not delivered foal. Got her some oxytocin and tried to get hand in. Couldn't get more than three fingers. Called vet office and was waiting for vet to call back. Decided to try again and was able to feel foal. Went for the head, down between front legs. Was able to get a grip on mouth and pull head up to cervix. Went looking for legs but she was pushing head through and could not get front legs. Finally just gripped head and helped her deliver the rest of the foal. Rest of placenta passed about five minutes later.

Called vet back. Have to give her oxytocin and penicillin for five days.

Left her with baby for a little while. She was licking it. Later let her out with the first pen of broodmares. She started eating.

Down to eight mares still to go. Hopefully have better luck.

• Like 2

Sorry that this is not a good start to the foaling season for you.

Best wishes for the rest of your mares .

Finally have a start to her bag.

She has been V'd most of the day, very relaxed tail, and was really rubbing her butt this morning.First picture is today and second picture is yesterday. Does have edema in front of bag.

She is 338 days today.

I will get pictures of the next four mares tomorrow. Two were 300 days on the 8th, one one on the 11th, and the fourth on the 16th.

post-46160-0-76617700-1520713222_thumb.jpg

post-46160-0-74815000-1520713262_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds like it's getting close! fingers crossed for a smooth delivery and healthy foal.

How are your mares coming along MMM ?

I will try to get pictures tomorrow. First it was cloudy and windy. Today was sunny but breezy. Tomorrow is going to be warmer and not as breezy.

All the mares are starting to bag up.

• Like 4