Trying something new (for me)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to sew clothes for my daughters. Once they got big, they wanted dresses with "tags" on them like everyone else, so I switched to quilting. I haven't used my sewing machine for anything other than quilts for...well....more years than I will readily admit to. (ahem) But I decided to take a break from quilting and try something a tad different. So, here is my Easter bunny. Actually, he will probably go live with the little girl across the street at Easter. But, it was nice to do a little something different. I think I'll try making one with some really soft terry fabric. Which will mean a trip to Joann's. (I hate when that happens......NOT)

IMG_1454.JPG

Make my own pattern? Now THAT'S funny. No, I purchased it at Joann's. It's got a couple of different animals and I may try some different ones, just for fun. I actually have no use for it (no kiddos here at the house) but the pictures on the pattern looked cute so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not super thrilled with it as I think it looks like it was made by a toddler. But, my actual sewing skills are really rusty. It was nice, however, to be able to actually start and finish a project in a day. My quilts take months.

That is very cute. I know you said No kiddos around to give it too but if you had a local hospital around , I am sure that would bring the BIGGEST smile to a kids face.

The are some very artistically talented people on LB and you are most certainly one of them.
default_smile.png

So, I take my little bunny to my local quilt guild meeting and the very first comment I hear is "who ran over the bunny?" Sigh. My first thought was "hey, give me a break....it's my first non quilt thing" and then I had to laugh. It does look like someone ran over the bunny. LOL

So, I take my little bunny to my local quilt guild meeting and the very first comment I hear is "who ran over the bunny?" Sigh. My first thought was "hey, give me a break....it's my first non quilt thing" and then I had to laugh. It does look like someone ran over the bunny. LOL
There is always a smart aleck in the bunch. This bunny is very cute, and someone (several someones) will love it.

I love the bunny, I mean really, I can see that sitting in a high end store. You can bet the person who made that remark went home and started making one.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back