Driving Hours 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 minutes ground driving Peanut. I made it over the ice to the back pasture. I probably shouldn't have done it. He was too feisty and it was fairly non-productive.
One of those famous two-steps-forward-three-steps-back days...

It reminds me of when I was about 11 years old. I got a beautiful new bridle for Christmas. Couldn't wait to try it out. Our horses were in a pasture a few miles from the house so dad drove me over. Feisty was too mild a word for those frosty equines. It was a cold, blustery South Dakota day but I was determined to try out the new bridle. Luckily the bridle was too small for my horse. Whew! No one lost any honor and I lived to ride another day.

Peanut was a fool I was a fool for even trying! It will be warm tomorrow so we will see if the foolishness continues.

Jeannie, I forgot about Spring Fever, but I guess Peanut didn't, lol.

Marsha, I am glad for your sake that the bridle was too small! Fate was looking out for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Silver City Heritage Farmstead: I'm sorry for your loss too
default_sad.png

I drove on saturday 50 minutes with Moony in the cart.

The team Massai and Teddy I drove on saturday 50 minutes too and on sunday 70 minutes as a tandem.

I can't believe we're into February already. We didn't even really have a winter here. I'm worried about the water situation for the summer... nothing I can do but wait and see I guess.

January totals were 7.5 hr driving, 10.5 hr team driving, 12.5 hr ground driving

70 minutes for the team Teddy and Massai on last saturday, only one drive last week. Had not much time and it was raining all the time
default_sad.png
hope this week will be better!

We had a slight warm up so I got to drive today! The clouds took over by the time I was able to hitch, and it felt colder than 40*. Everything is so gray I have a struggle with depression, but even a short drive lifted my spirits.

Butch Cassidy. 30 mins
It is so gray too , this winter seems endless. I am glad you were able to get out and!about! for a!drive with Butch Cassidy. My minis cheer me up also. Please excuse!the ! I have a occasional glitch with the computer.

We had a slight warm up so I got to drive today! The clouds took over by the time I was able to hitch, and it felt colder than 40*. Everything is so gray I have a struggle with depression, but even a short drive lifted my spirits.

Butch Cassidy. 30 mins
My husband cannot take more than 2 or 3 consecutive days of cloudy skies. Glad you got a drive in and got a lift.

30 minutes!of ground driving Peanut in the sled.

We had some snow last night, so I was able to put him to work pulling yesterday's and today's manure tubs.

Thanks MC! Hope you are visiting the herd this weekend.

I would love to join this challenge even if I'm a bit behind! I haven't been able to drive anyway because we are either skating around on ice or buried in snow drifts and enduring high winds and below zero weather.

I will be driving my mare Sky and ground driving her 3 year old son, Zorro this year. Can I count our walks where I ground drive Zorro with one line for now? He hasn't moved up to two lines yet. If so then I can count 3 hours of ground driving with Zorro.

Also do we update our hours here?

This will be so much fun!!

Glad to have you join us Chamomile! We have had lousy weather for driving/sledding here too, for the most part.

Mud or ice.

I did get another session in with Peanut today before the snow melted, it is 51 degrees and melting fast.

20 minutes ground driving.

10 minutes driving (sledding)

Thanks!

You are all making me feel like a lazy slacker! Something keeps coming up as an excuse. Hopefully when this latest weather pattern blows out, I'll be able to ground drive Buckly again. We've just been going on walks together and working on ground manners. A few days ago it was 80 degrees and the hairy boys were in a sweat just standing around. Today it is down to 28 with a wind chill of -5.

Thanks for keeping me inspired!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back