Here it is guys! The 2018 Driving Hours Log thread. If you are going to participate please check in by listing the horses you will be driving this year so I can get our spreadsheet started. I may do a month by month sheet this year and figure out how to share it with you all to make things easier. Also.... Logging team driving? Should I make a line for a team say "Horse A/Horse B Team" then also slots for "Horse A" and "Horse B" separately? The total driving hours will be the same in the end but then we could see how many hours a team was run together.

Any suggestions on changes or ideas going forward are always appreciated since I have no idea what I am doing :)

Happy Driving in 2018 Everyone!!!

• Like 2

I would love to count the team hours seperately, if this is not too much work for you :)

I started the driving year yesterday with

Teddy/Massai (tandem): 1 hour

Moony: 40 minutes

• Like 2

Ground driving Buckly 55 minutes today.

I will also be using Dapper Dan. So, two horses for me.

Doing team hours seems like a good addition. Some people might be motivated to do a team if there is the spice of competition.

However you want to set it up is good.

• Like 2

I'm in with Peanut and Cappy. I can't wait until this modern version of the ice age breaks and I start in again.

• Like 2

i think you did a great job this year. i will drive charlie and daisy separate and then in the spring i will try them in tandem.

• Like 1

About 30 minutes ground driving Buckly today. Then my sister came out and we took him in the golf cart, then worked with the shafts. He is sure goosey, but gets better every time. Worked with him for nearly 2 hours, so he is one tired pony tonight. I am not sure what it is about the sulky that alarms him. I parked it in his corral with him tonight; maybe he will get more used to it.

• Like 3

good idea Marsha. pat him on the butt a lot, sides top all over, just when u are walking by him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Everyone's package is in the mail ☺☺☺☺ Except for Silver City's, I am still trying to track her down.

Northwolf, I have no idea how long it will take to reach you because of Customs, I sent it Priority Mail, so hopefully not too long.

Everyone else should see theirs on Tuesday.

If they arrive wrinkled (and they might) you can iron them on very low heat, on the BACK side so the printing does not lift.

I just want to say how much fun I have had with all of you this year. A big Thank You to everyone for all their advice and encouragement!

And MC is most awesome for tracking those hours!

Drive on, guys!

Edited by Cayuse
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thank you Cayuse, I'm very excited to receive the package! :yeah

I forgot to list the horses and teams for this year. I plan to drive:

single:

- Massai

- Teddy

- Moony

and teams:

- Massai/Teddy

- Massai/Moony

- Teddy/Moony

- Massai/Teddy/Moony (unicorn or three-horse hitch, I plan both)

- Massai/Domino (<= this is my old 31 yo shetland gelding, I plan to hitch him a few times this year)

-----------------------

Yesterday I drove:

Massai/Teddy 1 hour

Edited by Northwolf
  • Like 3

I am joining in this year. But it’s January 7th and I have only seen my boys once so far, due to this sub zero weather. Hopefully we can drive soon. I will be driving:

Single

-Sundance Kid

-Butch Cassidy

Pairs

- Sundance Kid and Butch Cassidy

Thanks for keeping track!

• Like 3