Sign in to follow this  
Miniv

Got another Government AG Survey...Grrrr.

I have been getting these Census letters for years, But the last two are getting very personal! I understand questions like how much land, how its used, etc But now they want to know How much I spend on Fuel, Feed, Water, How many people do I hire? etc...

What I want to write on it is "See my tax return". Actually that was the nicest thing I wanted to write on it! DR

• Like 6

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

I'm most bothered by the requests for names, addresses and ages of everyone involved with the farm decisions. The financials are troublesome too. Its always due before we finish our taxes and I can never fully answer the questions.

• Like 1

I haven't received one in a while and never got one asking for personal information. Oh my gosh I hope I don't get one. Is that legal, is it something new?

Unless its an official census ( which we seem to have every few years here) shouldnt they already have that information?

Im so conscious of scammers requesting information of late, we are currently having an influx of callers from slovenia , saying they are from the taxation department of Australia and that we owe money.

Word of advice , Never answer "yes" to any questions you may feel are coming from telephone scammers. Most often than not, they have so many personal details , all they need is to record you saying "yes" and you have approved something you never knew you were approving.

• Like 4

A neighbor got that Ag census. He says he never fills them out. He thinks there is a $100 fine, but so far he's never been fined. I wonder what local entity enforces the census?

• Like 3

A neighbor got that Ag census. He says he never fills them out. He thinks there is a $100 fine, but so far he's never been fined. I wonder what local entity enforces the census?

With the postal service lately, how would they prove someone even received their survey to fine them for not filling it out?

Every time these surveys are filled out and evaluated the ag industry loses something, so why fill them out?

• Like 3

I just spoke to a nice man in Montana, Tom.  (I'm sure they just have random people around the country for such a purpose.  
He just happened to be in Montana.
I had tried my best to answer their questions, mailed my form back to get it out of my hair, early January.
I kept getting repeat mailings and a few days ago a card.
He was really helpful when I called.  
He said if I wasn't growing crops then it'd be a simple fix.   He'd remove me from the census mailings.

• Like 1