Aquarium

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't find the old aquarium topic so will start a new one. I started out with a 1 1/2 gallon bow-front to see if I would like having an aquarium. It was fun so Santa brought me a 5 gallon bow-front. I really like this style as the bow makes everything enhanced. I got two new fish, gueramys--not sure how to spell that. They are so showy and sociable. The clouds I had before were small and always lurking in the back. They went to live in the heated horse tank. Also got some helmet snails. They are fantastic glass cleaners. And the blue ramshorn snail is still here.

I couldn't keep the crawdads alive, so had to give up on them. Not sure what we were doing wrong, but I didn't want to kill any more.

aquarium.jpg

Them fish (autocorrect actually changed "those fish" to "them fish"!) are a beautiful color!

We had a goldfish that lived for about 7 years, when he passed I bought two more but had no luck with them. I miss the old goldfish, he was fun to watch. I think he could recognize the difference between me, Dan and my mom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Them fish (autocorrect actually changed "those fish" to "them fish"!) are a beautiful color!

We had a goldfish that lived for about 7 years, when he passed I bought two more but had no luck with them. I miss the old goldfish, he was fun to watch. I think he could recognize the difference between me, Dan and my mom.
7 years!! He must have had a long gray beard.

I have a Home Depot bucket with goldfish in it.... does that count? They go in the pond in the summer but in the winter they come in so they don't get turned into fish-cicles.

Your Gouramis are beautiful! Keep an eye on them though some tend to have a mean streak and will pick on tankmates. I just got a 12 gallon bow front bio cube for my first saltwater tank. I am not sure how I feel about the bow. It distorts some viewing angles and I am definitely not fond of how the magnet cleaners can't get everything off with the bow.

The bow on a small tank is fun, but I can see it might not be so good on a larger one. I think the acrylic is harder to clean because it scratches so easily. I use a cotton ball to wipe down inside. Never have even heard of a magnet cleaner! Since I got the helmet snails, I have barely had to clean it, they are so efficient.

I would love to have a salt water tank someday; they are so beautiful.

Since my tank is small, I only have the two fish and snails. They each have a territory in the tank, but mix it up sometimes. Can you show your new salt water setup? Love to see it!

Latest posts

Back