Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dixie_belle

My latest project

Well, since I have a ton-o-time on my hands, I decided to hand piece and hand quilt a little lap quilt. Unfortunately, it didn't take me nearly as long as I would have liked. LOL I didn't really like it, at all, until I attached the scrappy binding and then all of a sudden, POOF, I liked it. Go figure. Now I have to find a new project. I'm thinking that it's time for me to design my own whole cloth pattern.....gulp We'll see how that turns out. I really the quilting process, not so much the piecing, so technically that should be right up my alley. But I'm not terribly creative so it just may not happen. I did want to show this one to everyone. Hope you enjoy it.

post-2672-0-88959800-1509805115_thumb.jpg

post-2672-0-21734000-1509805206_thumb.jpg

That is so beautiful and I like the binding a lot. How big is it? I am not a quilter nor do I sew well but I have been saving my husbands old flannel shirts (mostly the red ones, his favorite color) hoping to make a lap throw someday. He likes to sew, and is pretty good at it. Maybe some winter day when we are snowed in he and I can start a project.

It's a lap quilt...maybe 46 x 55? I don't like basting anything larger than that because it's too hard on my poor old back. Now, having said that, I did just complete a queen sized white whole cloth quilt for my daughter. But I had that professionally basted so all I had to do was quilt it.

That is lovely! I have SO much respect for quilters.

I like the piecing, and not so much the quilting part.

The quilt is lovely. Two thumbs up.

That's really pretty!