Ms. Barbara Naviaux has passed away

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
The Miniature Horse World has lost an icon of the industry. Barbara Naviaux of Rodabi-J Miniatures in California passed this morning.
I worked with Barb for a little while on a project several years back. She was a very gracious woman open to sharing information about our wonderful little horses with me. I was star struck speaking with her and so very grateful for the time she took with me. From Mr. Jim Curry's public FB post today he indicated that she was "an author of many articles on equine genetics and a book on miniatures, chairperson of the AMHA committee that wrote the original Standard of Perfection, a miniature breeder and a member of both AMHA and AMHR and for many years an active member of Area Vll of AMHR and also of Valley Sierra Miniature Horse Club, also of the Norcal MHC. At various times she was newsletter editor of all three organizations. She is a great loss to the miniature world and to her many friends.".

Everyone I know who owns her Miniature Horse Book Their Care, Breeding, and Coat Colors cherishes it as I do. R.I.P. Ms. Barbara.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sad to hear of her passing. I only had an internet connection with her as we emailed many times discussing equine genetics. She had a wealth of knowledge about the miniatures colors, and was helpful to me with getting my miniature mare definitely certified as a brindle. Her book on the miniatures should be on all miniature owners bookshelves.

Condolences to her family on their loss.

Very sorry to hear this....She contributed so much to the miniature horse industry for many many years. And her book was invaluable.

Latest posts

Back