Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marsha Cassada

Autumn here

Days are finally cooling off. I cleaned out the garden today. The green beans were still bearing a little and a few okra, but over all it was finished. Put on pelleted gypsum. This is recommended to do in the fall to help the soil. Haven't done it in a few years. Put away the garden doodads. Need to put borer crystals on the cherry tree.

This weather put me in the mood for a fall pie.

A weird thing that happens to me every fall: I had morning sickness with both boys pretty bad this time of year, and every year when it starts to cool off I get bouts. It's not so bad now after 40 years, but still mysteriously gives me a twinge. The mind is a powerful thing!

post-2782-0-27910500-1508428681_thumb.jpg

That Pie looks amazing Marsha , Is is Apricot ? Please share the recipe, it looks wonderful :)

Its warming up here , Ive been mowing flat out and have unpacked all the garden doodads and equipment. My Fruit trees are starting to fruit. I had one pear that struggled last year ( no fruit) but this year it has gone crazy with blossom, so I have my fingers crossed. My almond tree is always first to fruit and looks to be doing quite well so far.

Will you plant any winter veggies ?

That Pie looks amazing Marsha , Is is Apricot ? Please share the recipe, it looks wonderful :)

Looks like pumpkin to me.

No. I am not planting any winter things. No kale, no lettuce, no broccoli. I got so discouraged this year that I'm going to rest.

Sounds promising with the pear and almond blooming, Ryan! I have a flowering almond, but it is only ornamental. It's cool to hear about your gardening just beginning for the year. You've done a lot of work to get it ready. Keep us posted on its productivity.

The pie is pumpkin.

Pumpkin is my favorite. Now I'm hungry!

No. I am not planting any winter things. No kale, no lettuce, no broccoli. I got so discouraged this year that I'm going to rest.

Sounds promising with the pear and almond blooming, Ryan! I have a flowering almond, but it is only ornamental. It's cool to hear about your gardening just beginning for the year. You've done a lot of work to get it ready. Keep us posted on its productivity.

The pie is pumpkin.

I will take some photos for sure :)

Yum sounds good, is it a sweet or savory Pie ?

I will take some photos for sure :)

Yum sounds good, is it a sweet or savory Pie ?

Photos would be good. One of my flower beds needs to be refigured. The lace bark elm and crepe myrtle have grown so large there is more shade. I will be removing the mums and looking for something that can tolerate more shade. Always changing.

Pumpkin pie is a dessert, not a savory. The same recipe works with sweet potato. Quintessential autumn dessert.

Took my antique tractor out today. It was happy to be out and it ran perfectly. I went about 6 miles. It is a '46 MM R. I think there are some other folks here who have antique tractors. Our tractor club used to have a fall drive every year, but the club fell apart. I miss the drives.

post-2782-0-62248300-1508968983_thumb.jpg

Aoudads are back. Hope they don't tear up the electric fence. Will need to keep alert because of Buckly.