New Projects Anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

Reaction score
How can we get this forum going again? I miss seeing everyone's projects. My eyesight has slowed me down, but I am sewing on a quilt I might be able to share before too long. What is everyone up to lately?

I don't do much, if any, sewing in the summer, too busy outside.

However, fall is upon us, so I went to the quilt guilds Saturday sewing day and got two tops pinned for quilting. The tops had been finished awhile ago, and just needed layering and pinning to get ready for quilting. ANd, then I had a rainy day with hubby out of the house, so I got them both quilted. I also started a quilt last spring that I'll be digging out shortly.

2017 - horoscope quilt - complete.jpg

2017 - strip quilt - complete.jpg

And, the one I need to get back to work on, I sewed all the half-square triangles last spring, then set them aside, not sure if I can sew them as is, or if I'm going to need to square them all up, there are nearly 100 of them.

2017 - blue and yellow - dark and light - border.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanda, your quilts are beautiful and so interesting, really love the strip quilt. You are so productive.

I noticed the horse blocks on the quilt on the bed. I have some of those blocks (or similar) as well that I turned into pillows a few years ago. They are still used on my sofa.

Chanda, your quilts are beautiful and so interesting, really love the strip quilt. You are so productive.

I noticed the horse blocks on the quilt on the bed. I have some of those blocks (or similar) as well that I turned into pillows a few years ago. They are still used on my sofa.
The horse quilt was a gift from a friend about 25 years ago, it sits on the spare bed, which is mostly unused, except for laying out new quilts. It is essentially a whole cloth quilt, and it was tied.

Made a few things. First some little bags.

a9d71ec1d5acc05fc8cd13a026de04f9.jpg

b46066d2f1663147b2caca104de7ae6a.jpg

And a necklace I think you might like.

fb93841ac963037304606ea41e7de73b.jpg

And quite a few hats....here are a couple.

66987960b5029b5c654f8aba6925aae4.jpg

I am now making a couple pillows and have a quilt top I am working on.

Border tryout for my quilt, I'm using this fabric, just checking width of borders (side borders a bit wider than top and bottom to adjust size of quilt)

2017 - blue and yellow - border width tryout.jpg

Charley, you have come up again with neat stuff! The cat fabric on the bags is great! Did you make the cat necklace item with clay? If not, what a good find.

Thanks! I didn't make the pendant. It is carved zebra agate and I purchased quite a few different stone pendant's about 10 years ago. Every once in awhile I make one up. Both the cat bags and the necklace were made for my best friend's birthday. She loves her two black and black and white cats. The cat fabrics were both fat quarters. Most of my little bags are made from fat quarters now that I think of it. lol

Chanda ~ your quilt top is looking good. Love the border fabric!

SAM_0082.JPGChandab, my horse squares pillows fabric are just similar to your horse fabric quilt. I still have a couple of squares waiting for me to get busy on (!) I sewed around the horse images then stuffed them from the back so they would stand out and be more interesting.

I think my stash will outlive me, too much to do nowadays here.

My little 'shelter dog' Belle with one pillow.

Love the pillow! Little Belle is so cute! Kinda looks like she has a coat on.

I loom knitted a scarf in oatmeal color. While in NM last month, I bought some hand spun yarn from a living history museum. I crocheted one skein into a purse and will do the other 2 skeins also. Good lap projects. Made an autumn vignette in a gourd. Mostly stuff from the yard, including dried toadstools. Still tweaking it and planning to add a felted squirrel.

Made a border for a button card using that folded triangle pattern that quilters use for a border. I used a silk tie, but I think it would work with paper also. Silk is rather tough to work with.

Love seeing everyone's work here! Inspiring!

gourd2.jpg

triangleborder.jpg

Started on some tablerunner for Christmas gifts.

need to decide red or white for inner border.

2017 - dianes tablerunners - start.jpg

Border tryout for my quilt, I'm using this fabric, just checking width of borders (side borders a bit wider than top and bottom to adjust size of quilt)

attachicon.gif
2017 - blue and yellow - border width tryout.jpg
I don't have a new picture, yet, but I"ve completed this blue and yellow quilt, just need to bury my thread ends and it's done. It has a yellow swirly print backing.

Latest posts

Back