I'm going on an adventure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This must be exciting for you! Do you have any specific places lined up to look at? You got a prayer from me ☺! When are you leaving? I want to hear all about it, we might be changing locations when my husband retires, it is scary but exciting to think about.

What is the weather like where you are now? Are you in Kentucky? I always imagined Kentucky to be moderate in weather.

Good luck in your search! Have fun!

im going to one of the great horse communities , perhaps you have heard of Aiken, SC. they still have places to tie horses in town.

Matt, my son is one of the lucky farriers in that area. They have large community of drivers like us. therefore, lots of activities. many minis. ive wanted to move there ever since Matt and Summer moved there, 8 years ago. they both do 3 day eventing.

im just sooo excited.

I have heard of Aiken, I can't imagine a much more equestrian place to move, I can see why you are excited! Guess you won't have to search for a good farrier! Are you looking to live in a horse community? Do they have places that are like housing developments for the horse person or am I thinking of somewhere else? Or are you looking for more of a farm type place with room to roam?

That sounds soooo exciting for you Jeannie ! Best of luck
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

well here i am in so carolina, the weather is ok and i have been seriously looking for a new home. we have seen land, houses and mostly mobile homes. still looking for the perfect place. i just found the bearings for my cart and had them put in, so today after we look at a couple houses i will get to go for a drive.

Mobile homes are wonderful. I miss mine, we sold it when we took over my mom's house. It was SO much easier to care for.

House hunting is hard work, so many things to think about and decisions to make. Good thing you can go for a drive to clear the mind and relax.

cayuse, you are exactly right , i haven't had the energy to drive. that will change tomorrow. we are deciding between a piece of land and a piece of land, hehe. will keep you posted.
Been there! We finally decided on a piece of land over a piece of land
default_new_rofl.gif
Now finally, four years later, I think we are going to build a house on it!

Can't wait to see what you decide! Good luck.

we bid on a beautiful 3.5 acres and were turned down because they wanted to sell 10 acre parcels , after all the discussion. now i am looking at two homes, will decided tomorrow evening after i see them both again in the afternoon. one is a gorgeous brick house with only 1.25 acre , also a barn and coach house. the other is a floor plan we had seen in a mobile home that we just both loved then and still, it just isn't exactly where we would like it to be. ho hum, ho hum, what shall i do

welllllll, im soo depressed. we turned down both of those houses for one reason or another. one last one to look at around here. more money than we wanted to spend but!!!!!!! what a house. perfectly flat 3.08 acres. all i could say to Mike was, but the house, but the house. everything we ever wanted. over priced but "what a house". we are having a few problems but if you all said a little prayer, we might make it happen.

it has a cute little barn, just big enough for hay and charlie and daisy. keep your fingers crossed for us. i just love it here. i should know by Friday.

I will muster up all kinds of positivity and a prayer that you get your house. Three acres sounds perfect.

My husband and mom have been looking at property for about six months around here and it is so difficult to find anything that is 1. Suitable for a mother in law situation 2. Suitable for horses and 3. Within budget.

We are OK where we are, but would like more land and elbow room. And that is as scarce as " hens teeth".

You have to beleive that you will find the right place at the right time.

Do you ever go on Realtor.com or Zillow? It makes the search much easier.

Latest posts

Back