AMHR Ownership Transfer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
Hey quick question. I've got 2 new minis both AMHR registered. One I can get the original owner to fill out and sign the transfer papers but the other one will have to be buy the guy who transported to and sold the mini at the sale. I'm guessing he counts as an "authorized agent" and can sign the transfer papers for the owner? Thanks! Just want to make sure I get them both in my name and everything is on the up and up.

Sorry to double post, I didn't have all the info before so I'm feeling a bit foolish. Both of the Registration Certificates have been signed on the back to transfer ownership. So do I just send in the original certificate with all of the info filled out?

I believe if all the transfer info on the back of the original papers is filled out, all you need to do is send them in with work order and fees and you should be good to go (keep a photocopy of the papers, so you have all the information). [New pictures, if you want or they need them.] You can always call the office and confirm.

Yes if the transfers ln the back are filled out and signed then send them in with work order and fees and you are good. If there are pics on the papers you do not need new ones though you can send new ones if you wish.

What if the mini is now measuring larger than is on the papers? They are stamped as "Permanent Registration" papers but the heights may be off....

If still in the limits of AMHR, then put the new height in the height box, and send in transfer. Many minis grow past the 3 year old timing for AMHR permanent registry. By what is right, then if above 38" tall, mini would lose papers and now be grade; not condoning it, but many just leave them as is to keep papers, if they are now over (wouldn't be able to show, as they are measured at shows).

Both of these guys are under the 38" so I'll send in the new height measurements to save any headaches if my son does decide to show. Thank you!

This will be our first experience showing anything so we're going to have lots of questions along the way. My son is really excited about it.

They never use the height on the papers for AMHR shows. They use the height that they actually measure at the show.
So as long as they are under 38" I don't need to worry about trying to correct it on their papers? Thank you for the info.

So as long as they are under 38" I don't need to worry about trying to correct it on their papers? Thank you for the info.
That's correct. In all the years I've been doing this, I had only one horse that measured consistently at the height on the papers. They typically grow a bit after made permanent at age 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was getting everything ready to send in and decided to wait a week until I can take new pictures of both horses. The pics on their papers are not great. Pistol had never had a halter on him or been brushed until I got him so.... you can imagine that his photos could be improved. And Candace's pictures were taken in a very dark barn... I thought it might be nice to have good pictures of them both on their new papers
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back