The Teammate

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
So here she is... a little shorter than I wanted but that's what happens when you send someone to a sale on your behalf. She's 35" and Clementine is 38" so there is a 3" difference. She's also (obviously) a little on the chunky side right now. We'll work with her single then as a teammate for Clementine and see how they go together. However, even if she isn't a great teammate for Clem, she is registered with AMHA so my son, who has been wanting to get into showing, can show with her. Clementine isn't registered.

Anyway... Here she is. We've named her Candice. For anyone who has kids/grandkids who watch Phineas and Ferb... The Fjord horses are Phineas and Ferb and this is their "sister" Candice. At least Clementine and Candice sound okay together for teammates.

IMG954229.jpgIMG954230.jpg

What's Clem gonna think?

She is a cute little thing, I like her markings. Especially her snipped nose. Have you met her in person yet?

Clem is usually pretty friendly BUT only time will tell. Hopefully they become buddies and end up working well together.

I have not met her in person but my dad just picked her up today with the Fjords and says she seems like a really great little horse. He didn't drive her but he did see her being driven by some Amish kids to school about a month before we bought her. She's the mare that was flicking her tail that I was going to pass on. However, she is no longer flicking her tail so I'm wondering if, like some suggested, that she was unhappy with her harness or something. I will get to meet her on the 22nd. I'll drive her single with Clem's harness as her ComfyFit harness is on order.

If she's not tail flicking now, I bet you are right about the harness bugging her. Seems like some are more sensitive about their "work clothes" than others.

She looks like she would be a wonderful pal for your son, he must be excited. I like her eye, I bet she is very level headed.

Looking forward to hearing about she and Clem's progress together.

35 is too tall for amha. She is pretty! Hope they work well together.
You are correct, I was mistaken. They are both AMHR.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back