post-46245-0-74449600-1521426665_thumb.jpg

Here is the picture! I still can't hand express any and she's still doing the same thing but she's still super energetic and is urinating clear so I assume she must be getting something! My vet comes out tomorrow, I will mention it to her :).

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

I also thought I'd mention that I noticed tonight baby was only latching on for 10 seconds max, then nudging and pushing her udders before trying to latch on again. Also saw her nibbling on hay and drinking water so I thought that was a good sign! :) She is very sweet, I was giving her scratches today and she loved it.

• Like 1

The nudging and pushing on udder is the babies way of getting mom to let down her milk. Same as you would see a calf butt the moms bag.

Mom's bag looks fine. Baby may be emptying because she nurses so much. Also the mare may not be releasing her milk when you try because you are not her baby.

I would say as long as baby is full of herself and urinating clear fluid, she is fine.

Would love to see pictures now that she has unfolded a bit, please.

• Like 3

The nudging and pushing on udder is the babies way of getting mom to let down her milk. Same as you would see a calf butt the moms bag.

Mom's bag looks fine. Baby may be emptying because she nurses so much. Also the mare may not be releasing her milk when you try because you are not her baby.

I would say as long as baby is full of herself and urinating clear fluid, she is fine.

Would love to see pictures now that she has unfolded a bit, please.

Thanks! That's what I figured. I will take some pictures today for you! Most of the ones I have are of her sleeping.