Arthritis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering some cavalla boots for Dapper Dan, as he is wearing his back toes. But I think we will go for xrays first. Maybe there is something going on that the boots won't help.

If dragging toe, does that mean the problem is high up, or could it be right above the hoof? He appears to have good flexibility when I manipulate the leg.

I am thinking it might be higher than hoof. My pony gelding dragged his hooves when his hocks began to bother him. He also had weak stifles so that may have contributed to it, too. But if I am remembering right, the toe scuffing seemed to worsen about the time his hock did. My farrier kept his toe short and did something to ease his break over and that helped a lot. I think what the farrier did was square his toe off a little bit.

I would see a big difference in his movement from the beginning of the trim cycle to the time he was due again.

Hope DD will be ok!

I think I will schedule xray next week and see where I stand. His front legs were xrayed before, not the back.

His toes are squared off--he wears them that way. The farrier has him balanced, so I don't think the hoof trim is the issue.

Latest posts

Back