Post your Vehicles!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
I know we all love pics around here so I thought it would be fun for everyone to post pics of the vehicles they drive all in one thread. It will be interesting to see what everyone is driving and a great opportunity for us to see what is out there. Also a great chance to ask questions about different vehicles.

This is how my sulky started out. I picked it up for $75.

20151105_131522.jpg

I painted it lime green, scrubbed the rust off the wheels with steel wool then painted the wheels pearlized white. I still need to redo the seat and have white marine vinyl to do it I'm just wearing out the old seat first
default_smile.png

20160726_094508.jpg

My other mini vehicle is this Kingston EE cart. This is an old photo of my father in the cart when we first got Clem back from the trainers and were still tweaking our setup. I was taking pics so I could get a good idea of how it looked. Oddly enough, I don't have many pics of me in my vehicles.

20140628_115841.jpg

Here's my son and I in the EE more recently. That's my father behind us with his fox trotter and Dr.'s Buggy.

IMG_2125.jpg

I have a wagonette coming from Iowa in September. It will be my first 4-wheel mini vehicle. I'm pretty excited about it. I was hoping to have a team to work on it but it's looking like it'll just be Clementine for now. She should be able to pull it herself with no problem though. It doesn't weigh much more than my EE and there won't be any weight in the shafts.

Our other vehicles consist of a full size wagonette for the Fjords and a horse size meadowbrook.

So.... What are you guys driving??

MajorClem, I love your sulky
default_thumbup.gif
seems to be very lightweight and easy to pull.

I drive with a sulky too, but it's a "premium" model with brake and suspension. Mine is 60 lbs.

20170617_115138.jpg

For driving the team, I have this small sized wagonette.

20140503_181138.jpg

20170630_173033.jpg

Weight is 185 lbs.

Then, I have a showcart that came with one of the new minis, but lately not used. It's this model: http://www.maier-sulky.de/images/Sulkysport/Produkte/gig-sulky-miniatuerpferde/trainings-showcart-7.jpg

My fourth carriage is a wooden wagon. Just bought for using as a material transport vehicle. Not used often, but I plan to drive the with this carriage soon.

drivingchapthumb.jpg

My first miniature horse vehicle was a Meadowbrook, similar to the one I had for my ponies. Chappie is the mini in harness. I still have him, my very first mini. He's 25 this year.

drivingbrett2thumb.jpg

Next I got a Houghton Pleasure cart for breed shows. I still have Brett, the Brat too. He's 20 this year. He was 3 years old in this photo.

_MG_4519-w.jpg

I got a Road Cart next. This horse is Kidlet, one of three long yearlings I bought to try to get a good pair. He was a prima donna, only wanted to work alone. He went to a new home and is living a life of luxury.

DSC_0341.JPG

A Bell Crown Mini for Combined Driving. Steel is 18 now. He's still my go to guy for getting the "job" done. One local dressage judge calls him Mr. Consistent.

pair2Glin1.jpg

This was my first pair vehicle, a Glinkowski. Kidlet and his brother, Socks. Socks became my mainstay in pairs until he passed away at 14 from a congenital defect in his cecum.

PairJHaz1B.jpg

I traded the first one in for this Glinkowski Mini Mix, love this vehicle. It weighed about 240 lbs. Socks and Dale competing for the first and only time. Dale was too nervous for CDEs. He was a very willing boy but much happier with pleasure driving.

DSC05279.JPG

Then I got this Tadpole, much lighter than the Glinkowski, about 185 lbs., fewer bells and whistles. Steel with his new partner, Flash competing at Gladstone in May 2017.

I also have a hyperbike. I haven't used it as much as I thought I would.

I have a Kingston easy entry just like MajorClems but with heavy duty tires. I love it. I did did see a cart I would like to someday have, I think its on the Sunrise Cart site (or Sunrise something or other) it is a Pequea (I think I!spelled that right) Actually, they had two or three I really fell in love with.

My dream cart would be blue or black with red pinstripes. Or if it was just for Peanut, RED!

Northwolf's show cart is a pretty thing, I wouldn't mind that one either!

RazzBlue.jpg

This is my newest vehicle. Sorry, the pinstriping isn't red. Melvin at Pequea Carriage Shop built this carriage for me. It's the sweetest ride! Razz, who was 21 years old in this photo loved it because it was light and easy to pull even with me in it.

The cart is a more brilliant blue than this photo shows.

May I say the main reason I have so many carriages is that I've been collecting them for a long time, over 20 years. After all, they don't eat or poop!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my dream cart. I think it is a Meadowbrook. There are so many more miniature carts to choose from now than when I got mine 15 years ago. When I bought my Jerald runabout, I invested $250 in eBay stock. When it rose to the price of the Jerald, I sold the stock and bought the cart. I never heard of any other brands at that time. I have no complaints about the Jerald. It is comfortable and has given me all these years of good service. But the Meadowbrook just has a such a style...

pic3975.jpg

What a pretty cart that is! I'm saving my pennies for my next vehicle but I haven't decided what it's going to be yet. Whether or not I get another mini to form a team will probably help that decision along.

So fun to see what everyone is driving!

And that blue cart...stunning. My father and I are trying to decide on a color for our new wagon. I want to go with blue and your photo has me convinced that blue is a good choice. It looks very sharp on Razz.

Number_1_Small.jpg

This is Pequea's Meadowbrook. Melvin would put cloth or brown nuaga hide on the seats if you'd like that. I know Melvin ships.

Jaye, that blue cart looks like one of the ones I fell in love with on the Sunrise website. You and Razz look super! Is it fairly lightweight? Is it good on bumpy terrain? I usually drive in my field and it's not the smoothest of drives.

It really would be too nice for what I do now, but if I show next year, boy would it be nice to have. I don't know how I would do with it not being an EE though, my arthritis can be a nuisance.

The one on the website was blue with gold (I think) pinstripes. I could not get it out of my head last night, I went to sleep dreaming of carts.

this is my lignite cart. i had it made with a single seat because of my weight i bought it in the ninetys and i think he went out of business several years later. the quality is great and i can take it anywhere. i have been in several dicey situations and my Charlie has held fast and always the cart has held also. i would not get rid of it for anything

0804171024.jpg

This is one of my homemade wagon. I just fell in love with it .i want to eventually stain it walnut as i like darker wood. 0804171431.jpg0804171430.jpg0804171430.jpg

Notice the shafts are a different style, i wasn't sure about them but they work and fit just fine.

this is my lignite cart. i had it made with a single seat because of my weight i bought it in the ninetys and i think he went out of business several years later. the quality is great and i can take it anywhere. i have been in several dicey situations and my Charlie has held fast and always the cart has held also. i would not get rid of it for anything
That is what I like about my sulky. It is so stable on slopes and tipsy places. I feel much safer in it than the cart.

this is my first wagon,built for me by a friends husband in exchange for a harness and some other tack for big horses/ i put solid tires on it and painted it.

then i decided to have a teanand my son made me a pole connector for it and i could use shafts or the pole.

0319161059.jpg

0319161243.jpg

FYI The blue cart IS the one on the Sunrise website. That website is for Pequea Carriage Shop, though they have another one now. With the Amish you never can tell if they can use certain things or not. One had a car battery running his calculator. I had a carriage painted by an Amish man who used wind power to drive the sprayer. Years ago my harness maker at the time used a pay phone out by the road for his phone messages. Now they all seem to have cell phones!

I have only used the blue cart for shows. It's very light for its type (105 lbs.) and rides like a dream! It puts me just a little higher so I can get some nice collection on the boys. I had it made to fit Razz but it's good with larger minis too. Melvin makes a Cruiser, like the blue cart but with a bent shaft so you can get in easier. I really have to hike myself up to get in and put both legs out to slide out. Getting old is no fun at all!

Latest posts

Back