Ending the Bunny Phase, starting another....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
So, to explain....My daughter (now age 20).....was actively involved with a 4-H Rabbit and Poultry club. That meant I was involved too...

During those 8 or 9 years, I got hooked on the chickens and now have my own. Bri sold most of her clutch and then the remaining 4 joined mine. I don't think I've had to buy eggs in YEARS. LOL.

And then there were the rabbits......As of this morning, we now only have two Satins. They are older now and deserve to just retire. No one will want them because they are both 7 and older....and there's no way they are going into someone's stew pot! We have a line up of rabbit hutches to hold 10 rabbits! And now only two are occupied.....Really weird.

And what's the NEW PHASE? Guinea Pigs! (God help me.) ..... It all began when my daughter was driving home from work and discovered a box in the middle of a side road........In it was a Guinea Pig with its dead companion who'd been run over. She brought the little fellow home and then a few days later went to Petco and got a companion for him......Petco SAID it was a male! Nope. The next thing we knew we had 4 little piglets!

And we are now stumbling into the world of Guinea Pigs..........She is entering two of them in Open classes at the Deschutes County Fair.

Winchester! And one of the piglets was male, so she named him Ruger.......I sense a theme?

Latest posts

Back