Sign in to follow this  
Marsha Cassada

Gardening

My giant zucchini that has borne one fruit so far.  They get about 4 inches long then turn yellow and die.  And my yard long green beans.  Apple tree in the background and kale.

zucchini.jpg

yardlongs.jpg

All looking really healthy Marsha 😊 I'll see if I can find some info as to why your zucchinis are dying off 

From what I can gather information wise , is a lack of calcium in your soil. If you can find a liquid feed that is high in calcium , you should see an improvement. 

If you can get gypsum where you are , this will help. :)

16 hours ago, Ryan Johnson said:

From what I can gather information wise , is a lack of calcium in your soil. If you can find a liquid feed that is high in calcium , you should see an improvement. 

If you can get gypsum where you are , this will help. :)

I did put gypsum in all the garden beds last fall.  That is when it is recommended here.  I have used timed release vegetable fertilizer and foliar veg fertilizer also. 

Some speculate that it is too much water.  Being in a raised bed, it's sometimes hard to know when we are overwatering.

Im not an expert , but if it was because of too much water , you would see it in the leaves of the plant. They would be yellow. Your plant to look at in the photo , is very healthy looking. 

Did you plant tomatoes this year? Mine really struggled as did many others here for some reason.