Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwallen1969

Shadow is getting closer?

Thanks Paula for letting me know your experiences. It sounds like you had a lot of sneaky ones. Shadow is one of our bigger mares at 35 inches. She was bred to a 30 inch stallion. I will try and get some photos of him. I wish she would hurry up get this over with, we are a nervous wreck.

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

First picture is two colts from last year. Second picture is the stallion of these two and shadows foal. He was a little cubby last year. Lol

post-46207-0-72198300-1493308892_thumb.jpg

post-46207-0-87044500-1493308913_thumb.jpg

O! U have a "double" chance at spots, since Shadow appears to also be a minimal tobiano pinto.

Our first Shetland mare's 2nd foal, born in 1997, was a filly that we named "Shado" (no w). I sold her and she went out of state - only to come back to us a year later. I kept her for years - leasing her out. Then I sold her in 2003 and I've always regretted that sale... I lost track of her not long after, too, when the family moved and didn't leave any forwarding email, addy or phone number(s). I was soooo bummed!!

It would be awesome if she had a little filly with some spots. Most of our mares are solid in color.

If she's close, the change in barometric pressure could set her off.

We live in MO and glad our mares were not close. We have had to rearrange horses so all mamas and there babies had shelter.

Luckily we live on a knoll so no flooding. Our pond is probably overflowing but the horses and milk cow can get away from standing or running water.

All I can say is green grass growing otherwise ready for the rain to stop. We libe in the eastcentral area so still have heavy rainfall.

Well no baby. Had terrible storms tho. 4 tornados, one so close I could hear it. In the bathroom for hours yesterday. Still have no power. I am hearing it could be a week. Wife went to stay with our daughter about 1 1/2 hrs. away. Not a fun situation. Gonna be roughing it for a bit. I think Shadow could tell it was getting bad, so maybe she put it off for a couple days.

Am I wrong about her date or what's going on? Her udders are closer together tonight.