Shadow is getting closer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwallen1969

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to adjust the profile photo. I've been doing a lot of reading on older threads and you guys are awesome with your feedback. My mare approx 323 days now. I have some photos on my cell phone I'll try to include. I was hoping you guys could tell me how she looks. Last year she lost her first and only foal. ( late term). Thanks for all the input.

Here are a couple of photos. I don't know why they load sideways. Sorry

dwallen1969.jpg dwallen1969-2.jpg dwallen1969-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your response. I will try to get some more photos this morning for everybody. Her rear end is starting to get real relaxed and jello like. I see some elongation on privates. Thanks again.

Another image from last night. There has been no changes from her normal behavior.

dwallen1969-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed the photos for you. Hi, are you feeling a lot of movement from the foal?

Thanks Debbie. No, I haven't seen a lot of movement lately. It has been a few weeks since I noticed. I just thought space was getting a little cramped in there. I will update photos and any changes when I see them. Her nipples have separated a little since last photo. Thanks everyone.

Question. Where is the best place to put your hands to feel any foal movement? I was placing them on her side (haven't felt much in a few weeks). I read somewhere here on a thread to place them underneath a little above her utter. I did that today and it seems like movement but as far as I know it could have been her stomach. She is now 326 and not much change since the last photos. Thanks

If you put your hand flat in front of her udder , you should be able to feel movement. As she nears closer to foaling there will be alot less movement.

She is elongating perfectly , I dont think you have long to wait , so just keep a close eye on her
default_smile.png

best wishes for a safe foaling

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. Anything new I will let y'all know. I've only had three foals with my six mares, so I'm still a rookie. Learning everyday, especially from this forum.

She is looking good and progressing well. There is a definite change in her udder photo compared to the last one. You can see her nipples starting to separate and eventually they will point down.

Now saying this , my comments relate to the "Textbook " Mare and there is not a lot of mares that like to read this book before foaling. She may not completely fill that udder until she foals so you really just need to keep a close eye on her, especially at this stage of her pregnancy. it may only take 1-2 good rolls to line that baby up.

Id be watching her like a hawk at this stage. Get that foaling kit ready.
default_smile.png

Do you bring her in at night or will she be foaling outdoors ?

I've been trying to fing the textbook that the mares read, but they're sold out. Lol. She rolled in the mud this morning besides that she hasn't changed any routines or behavior. We do let her hangout with our other minis, but at night she has our second barn and about 1/2 acre to roam about. At this time there no stalls in there, she can come and go as she pleases. I will update any new information as she gets closer. Thanks Ryan....

A good sign could be something as simple as your noticing her standing in a different position in the barn. They sure like to keep you guessing
default_smile.png

And Im sure when mares see you leave , they burst out laughing !!

Sounds like she has a nice place where she feels safe and comfortable. I love for them to be able to move around and have their foal in or out their choice.

This is just for fun. Can you see the horse in her belly? Once you see it OMG. Problem is, it's facing the wrong way. Lol

IMG_0176.JPG

She's getting closer! Such a pretty little mare - silver black is my favorite color (our first foal this year is a silver bay).

I, too, wish you good luck on the foaling.

Thanks Paula. We are very excited and nervous. She is the only one pregnant this year. Last year we had two colts.

Latest posts

Back