quilt magazines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

Reaction score
I have a stash of quilting magazines from the 1980s that I offer for free for any of you quilters if you will pay for postage. I have 20 or so of "Patchwork Quilting", "Quilt World", "Decorating and Crafts", etc.

They all have full size quilt patterns in them, are good for inspiration with lots of photos of made quilts. I hate to throw them away, maybe someone in a quilt guild could use them with their members, my local quilt store did not want them so need to find another source. Anyone?

I have more than I'll ever use, but you could check and see if there are any local church groups making charity quilts, they might be interested. Check with your local library, I give my other magazines to the library, but they do crafting with the kids, so probably just cut them up for the pictures.

Okay, no takers, I'll look for another outlet. I actually like them better than the newer publications, they are more directed to the serious quilter think.

I'm almost finished with my tie quilt. I used the blue marking pen to mark the stencils. Don't want to put it in the washer. I'm thinking of just filling the bathtub, soaking the quilt, gently wringing, then hang on the line; maybe fluff in the dryer at the end??? Not sure how to get all the blue marker out.

It is time consuming, but my method is to use q-tips dipped in water and gently touched to the lines, if the project may not take bathing well.

I soaked it in the bathtub then put it in the washer on gentle spin. Then the dryer on extra low. It looks "washed", but that's okay. My husband wants it so I will wrap it for Father's Day. I have had the blue marker show up later when the fabric dried, and there was so much of it I just decided submersion was the only solution. I need to take a picture.

Latest posts

Back