Audads

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh Marsha, read your pm from me for a good laugh!!

For everyone else....don't ask me why I confused Aoudads with a type of lynx!!!
default_footinmouth.gif
default_footinmouth.gif
Work's been challenging this week and I've obviously lost my mind!! ROFL
default_new_rofl.gif

The aoudads are the herd of horned grazers. I (still) thought I saw a lynx type cat just to the left of the greasepaint/sage brush bush and just behind the dormant yucca. I can only see the long tufted ears, the left eye and the bridge of the nose. If no one else sees it, that means I couldn't influence a group hallucination!
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_472.gif

Never heard of such an an animal!

Like deer or mountain goats? The picture is small on my screen so I can't make the out very well.

I had some trouble last fall during rutting season. Nothing since then. But with the "anger" increasing, it's probably not a good thing. Some hunters have taken a few, but I don't think they are very good to eat so there isn't much incentive to hunt them. The ram we saw in the yard last year was about the size of my little horse, about 250#.

The auodads are getting discussed around here. Evidently, the bunch we saw from the patio is only one. There is another large group farther south in the mountains. A mountain range called the Wichitas runs across SW Oklahoma. These animals are right at home in this environment. Between wild hogs moving closer and auodads--it's a jungle out there!

They look like a cross between a sheep and a goat. Being that goats can climb just about anything, I guess they can handle the mountain ranges.

My boss was just telling me they spotted a Black panther/linx on his property the other weekend. He has 400 acres further south from me ( bout 4 hours by car). Its always been a myth that they have been around and no one could ever work out why and what was killing his calfs. He has lost a few over the years but thought it may have been wild dogs. Very few have been able to take a photograph of the black panther over the years, so no one ever believed if it was true or not.

The worst of the intruders where I am are snakes and foxes.

Latest posts

Back