Magic Marker 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic Marker Miniatures

Reaction score
We are finally moving to Missouri. We head out Jan 24 to arrive Jan 27.

Once moved and settled I will post pictures and information of our upcoming babies.

We have four comfirmed babies and one maybe. Two are maidens.

We have purchased more horses and they all will be shipped to MO.

Two comfirmed and one maybe from a breeder in MO. One comfirmed from Redrock Miniatures. Two comfirmed pregnant from Little Kings Farm.

We have one mare due end of Feb., two due March, and remaining mares due between April thru July.

Once everyone is in MO we will get pictures, who they are bred to, and their due dates.

Magic Marker is going to be very busy.

Also purchased a couple fillies from Redrock, a perlino son of Buckeroo from LKF, a Magic Man son, and a mare with appy characteristics. Will get you guys pictures of new additions and expected mamas asap.

Welcome back MMM,

Great to hear you are finally moving.

Looking forward to hearing of your line up this year.

Hope all goes well with the move
default_smile.png

Can't wait to hear about your new farm in MO.

Yes, sounds very busy - especially with the move, too.

Sounds like you have a wonderful lineup! I'll look forward to photos. Good luck with your move! It sounds exciting and it won't be long till you are all settled in but I would imagine right now it's overwhelming. I know I can't even imagine the work involved in a move like that.

Sorry for no update.

We have been trying to get unpacked, pens built, and bought horses picked up.

Picked up the last of our horses. A Buckeroo son, daughter (bred to In Cahoots for 2017) and a gorgeous sorrel mare (bred to Little Kings Buck Magnificent for 2017)

We left Sun morning for Indiana and returned Monday afternoon.

Yesterday we left the three mares that were closest to foaling in the barn part of the day due to rain.

Wind (Creta Hills Okie Winds A Blowin) a smoky black sabino mare (bred to Wisteria GMB Dream Come True- cremello) would be 330 on Feb 24. Fabs (Redrock Fabulous- bay pinto splash bred to Fiesta Acres Mystic) would be 330 on April 6.

Let both mares out for a couple hours yesterday. Checked them before returning them to their stalls. Both were not fully bagged but did have clear fluid. Checked on them about 10 pm. Both were fine. Wind was crabbier but acting fine.

Got up this am and went out to feed. Walked into the barn to find both Fabs and Wind had foaled. Both foals were sleeping and completely dry.

Wind had a double dilute filly. We think she is smoky cream. She is tiny and refined. Fabs had a super tiny colt. He is bay but has a lot of black around his face and a very broad counter shading stripe down back. He has one high white sock, a stocking, and two coronets.

Filly will be retained and have not made a decision on the colt.

Sorry no pictures of sires and dams due to being so busy. You can see a picture of Fabs on the mare page and the sire on the stallion page of Redrock Miniatures.

Hopefully will get better at keeping you updated in the future. Next mare is 330 days at the end of March. Remaining mares(8) are due April into May.

Will have to get you pictures later. Says the photos are too big and I have no idea how to downsize them on my phone. Once we get internet back up (tomorrow or next day) I'll get pics on computer and downsize.

Sorry for having to make you wait for pictures.

Sounds like you got a double welcoming present , Congrats on the move and hope you have settled in well
default_smile.png

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you can

oohh BIG Congrats on your new filly and colt! I know that was a huge surprise when you found them and a big relief to see them here and perfectly fine.. looking forward to photos when you can
default_yes.gif

Please see url below. This is why we think the above colt is black...

grullablue.com/colors/foalcolors.htm

Sire has produced only bays and blacks, but has not been color tested.

Why do you call him Splash? Does he have white markings or bright blue eyes? As for whether he is black or not, the only way you will know for sure at this time, is toy have him color tested for agouti. My guess is that he's in fact bay.

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS on your new foal! I almost forgot that part, so intrigued with the color conversation. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
He has a high white stocking on his back leg... above the hock... His mom has one blue eye so we know she carries it. All four legs have white at various heights... no blue eyes...

Awww, love those babies. Unique color on your little filly. Don't know about how all this color stuff works but they sure are sweet! Congratulations!

LOVE them! I've always loved a smokey creme, she's purty...well they both are, the colts precious and looks well put together. Your colt sure is very black underneath and on his head, interesting genetics. Big congratulations to you.

Latest posts

Back