Areally we getting close

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammyoviatt

Reaction score
I rescued this mare in October. Her hooves were over a foot long. And she had burrs everywhere. Took her to the vet to get a check up and wormer to discover she is pregnant no idea of a due date. Wehave had a lot of snow so I have set up a temporary night bed with a camera close to the house so I can monitor her. She is making a small bag she is only 2 coming three. I have had big horses my whole life and never worried about foaling to much this is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to.

cc1656917239dfbfc9e7cdbcfaeea560.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum,

When you can, could you post some pics from down at her level. One from directly standing behind her , from down at her level so we can see how the foal is currently riding

If she is starting to produce an udder then that usually means 4-6 weeks from foaling. Being mares though, they do like to drive you crazy, guessing
default_smile.png

Its a little hard to tell from the above pic.

Good on you for rescuing her and ask away any questions you like, everyones really friendly here
default_smile.png

Ryan

Here are some pics that were buy the camera monitor. I will get some other ones. She isn't very comfortable with me checking her bag. I will try and get a pic. No promises. Lol

Sorry for the mess this is me trying to figure out how to post and do a forum first time

849b567a3e25ab7bfe2e2f96a91ccac3.jpg

fda118b03cb6348b774f20c9b331ee98.jpg

fda118b03cb6348b774f20c9b331ee98.jpg

Thats ok , If you go to the main page of the forum , you will notice "Practice board" theres some info on how to post Pics ect in that section that should be helpful.

Here is the link to the camera that she is under. The app is zmodo the number is 4356099335 password jigor1669

Ifanyone has a moment to see what they think. She has been laying down a lot today and last night. I usually take her out during the day but our weather is horrible

Its really hard to tell from the camera angle , are you able to get a pic on your phone and upload it ? One from directly behind her and down at her level.

If you flick through some of the other threads, you will get an idea of the angle im talking about. It will give us an indication of how the foal is currently riding.

As she gets closer to foaling she will be increasingly uncomfortable as there is less room for the foal to move.

If you bob down behind her you should see her bell sticking out on both sides, as she nears closer to foaling he sides will disapear and the bottom of her stomach will drop.

She doesnt look overly big for a mare that is close to foaling , BUT, seeing that she is a maiden mare thats only pushing 3yo, She maybe carrying the foal quite high. Her winter coat makes it quite hard to tell.

The vulva Pic will be a good reference point. In a few days take the same pic and see if you notice any changes to it. As she nears foaling it will elongate.

Did your vet give you any indication as to when she maybe due ?

Sorry I cant be of more help at this stage , Hopefully others will log on soon that can add to my comments
default_smile.png

These last photos are a good start, If you'll take some each week and look at them (and share them here if you will) you'll see things you may not notice in seeing her day to day. Will she allow you to feel her belly? Have you noticed or felt any movement yet?

She is doing good. The baby moves a lot when she lays down. She is starting to bag up she isn't fond of me touching her bag and belly but I do. I need to shave some winter hair off by her bag. That should prove entertaining I will post new pics tomorrow. The camera is zmodo. The log in number is 4356099335. The password is jigor1669 you have to download the zmodo app

Its great that you can feel movement. Mares will become cranky towards the end of a pregnancy, especially when your constantly looking for changes and also the fact that there is less room for the foal to move around.

Keep us posted on her progress
default_smile.png

Here is a picture from the camera. She is getting a good sized bag. I can see a big difference in her belly in the past few weeks. Haven't been able to check her out very muchb7d4a5eda27f63b79142a26e9170ea66.jpg

Shes a pretty mare , looks very similar to one of mine
default_smile.png

Its great that your seeing changes with the shape of her belly. A few good rolls will help to line baby up for delivery.

Best wishes for a safe foaling
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back