Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe the year will be half over soon!
I can't either! We're almost at 50 combined hours for the year though. I've been really lazy about my driving. Business has picked up a ton for me and I'm trying to find that balance between work and play. The extra money is nice but sometimes it's just not worth it.... I think I need more driving and less grooming in my week :p

i groomed for 30 years. yuk.

i can't get on your spreadsheet. it says i dont have the right something.. anything i can do.

i really appreciate all the work you are doing for us. i am really enjoying it. i would like to chip in for prizes . pm me if you like

Whoops, i forgot to enter my driving time. i have made 3 trails in my 3 pastures. i just mow a path, circles, serpentines and figure 8's. i have a barrel cloverleaf pattern with old tires to mark them, and also a poles pattern with old tires.. i move and change the patterns with the mower.

yesterday i did all three pastures in 1 1/2 hours with charlie. whooooo charlie even liked the change, instead of moping along, he was looking around for where the next obstacle would pop up. i think i wwill be driving more.

i groomed for 30 years. yuk.

i can't get on your spreadsheet. it says i dont have the right something.. anything i can do.

i really appreciate all the work you are doing for us. i am really enjoying it. i would like to chip in for prizes . pm me if you like
I can't open it either as I don't subscribe to the Cloud.

Not yet. I am still!waiting on the blood work. Darn that !. He was tested for Lyme and the vet also did a CBC.

He has been back to normal since Friday so I thought I'd start with some exercise and see how he tolerated it and he did fine yesterday so I!ground drove him again today and gosh he was a little devil ?. The first 10 minutes were of him prancing with a spin or two thrown in for fun. Then he settled down. But gosh he was a handful to start off with. I was going to hitch him but he pooped me out!

Hopefully whatever it was that had him feeling down has passed. The only other thing the vet can think of is he had not been drinking as well as usual either so maybe he had a bit of colic. I started him on electrolytes about a week ago and he is drinking better. Im keeping my finger crossed he is negative for Lyme. Sorry I am rambling, I seem to be thinking in circles. Maybe Peanut made me dizzy lol.

Can I add another 30 minutes for today?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
February is still our highest driving month. 14 hours in Feb and I donated zero time. Props to all of you who braved the cold weather. May isn't far behind and with another 3 hours from the group this month we'll pass Feb. Do you think we can?

How should I time the parade tomorrow? Hitch to unhitch?
How should I time the parade tomorrow? Hitch to unhitch?
That's what I would do. I figure even if you are standing patiently (or not so patiently) you are hitched and working with your horse. But I think you can only count a parade if you post pictures for the rest of us
default_yes.gif

Sounds good to me, Marsha!

MajorClem, I bet we can beat Feb. We can have fun trying anyway!
We've got 5 days left so I'm hoping we can. I'm committing to adding at least 1 hour to the group total by the 31st.
default_thumbup.gif

whoa! I made a mistake! I need to subtract 20 minutes. I ground drove Cappy for 5 or 10 minutes and then my husband drove him and I helped him. I did not drive him today. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was trying to help so much it felt like I was holding the lines.

Sorry!!!

Latest posts

Back