Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 minutes today for Rowdy. Ground driving. We went around the route where he used to freak. He looked closely at the place where the cows used to be but went on. Then almost home, he saw a neighbor lunging her horse. It was over a quarter mile away but he saw it. Ground driving, I kept him to his job but if we had been in a cart, it probably wouldn't have gone well.

He is giving to the bit much, much better and turning quite straight now. Transitioning well. He just needs to learn how to handle situations safely.

I'm enjoying keeping track of everyone's hours. I am not currently separating ground driving and driving.... should I be??? I'm just totaling it all. I figure if you put the harness on and get to work it counts
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying keeping track of everyone's hours. I am not currently separating ground driving and driving.... should I be??? I'm just totaling it all. I figure if you put the harness on and get to work it counts
default_smile.png
Sounds good to me too. ☺Thank you for doing it for us!

Squeaks, if you are out there, are you going to log your hours with the new fella?

Last edited by a moderator:
Total monthly hours are as follows:

Jan: 4h

Feb:14h 25m

March: 10h 45m

so far this year 29h 10m in this little group
default_smile.png

MajorClem can you add an hour for Peanut? Thanks!

I ground drove a half hour yesterday and drove a half hour today in the cart (Spring is Here!).

Are you getting to drive at all?

Can we see pictures of Major in his "work uniform" sometime? From the other tread it sounds like he was a good boy during his first outing!
I was planning on snapping a pic with my phone while I was down there but being as it was his first lesson ( and my first time doing a first lesson) I didn't quite get around to it. I'm hoping my hubby and son will come down to the barn with me this weekend and hopefully we'll get pics then.

He was a very good boy especially since it's a huge learning curve for me.

Latest posts

Back