I'm to pretty for this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLJcowgirl

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just wanted to share my "What the heck???" moment from Saturday. I took my Miss May out to ground drive and she did so beautifully on the road. When we got back I hooked her up to a little croquet cart and a bucket of rocks she's pulled around the pasture before with no problem, and actually did extremely well with her first time. Well, she decided she was done and just laid right down and started eating grass. Quite honestly I didn't know what to do, my husband and I were laughing to hard. He snapped a quick picture, and I tapped her on the bum with my whip and she stood right up and continued on her way like nothing had happened, and she didn't try again.

She didn't act like she was hurt or not feeling well, so I have chalked it up to a "I'm a princess" moment. I do NOT want this to become a regular thing, so I am now prepared to take action if I see it coming on. But for now, all I can do is laugh.
default_rolleyes.gif

Bahah... Gotta love our opinionated minis ;) Friend of mine's little guy will try and go down in the cart when he's "done."

The first time is worth the laugh for sure. Lovely mini too! <3

Great photo!

I had a big riding horse as a kid. We didn't have have much equipment and I usually rode bareback. My horse used to lay down with me once in a while. Not much I could do as a scrawny barefoot kid. So, a man was riding him during a round up and my horse laid down with him. The guy thought he was having a heart attack or something. I was not present to see how this was resolved, but he never laid down with me again after that.

My miniature laid down with me one time when I was asking him to pull a heavy iron wheel out of the pasture. I believe it was too heavy for him; he has never done such a thing since.

My big bad stud did that once, outside the in gate at a horse show!

He was sleeping, because you know how boring and awful shows are, and I wasn't paying attention (because he was sleeping), and he just laid right down all the sudden in the middle of all the commotion.

Not sick, not stressed (obviously!) just totally over horse shows! He's "retired" now from his "strenuous" series of 4 shows per year.

They have it soooo rough.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back