A River Visit!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeaks

Reaction score
We somewhat bent the rules (although nothing says no Equine...) Took them to the river for about 20 minutes to enjoy the cool water on a very hot morning. Stayed briefly and left no trace we were there. Best way to not overstay ones welcome!

Remington LOVED it. Sierra, enjoyed it for the most part... but had that "take it or leave it" attitude
default_smile.png

Hope you enjoy!
default_smile.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olc2P8INiLc

Last edited by a moderator:
O, wow, that is awesome!! I love pics/vid like that.

So glad that it went well and that you also remembered to take along equipment to pick up after yourself.

It's amazing how much has been closed off to us for riding/driving. In 2008, we had ways to go "cross-country" to get to some areas. Since, those properties have been built up and had fences surrounding them. Only way to get from point a to point b now would be to ride directly on the highway and that isn't possible. Every so often I look at pictures of the lake and river jaunts we did... Two fairly local business's that had miles of trails are closed now - both had trails fit for both riding and driving and of course if you wanted to walk, you could do that as well. Both had creeks and river crossings and puddles that couldn't go around as well.

That's part of the reason I want to do trails thru the wooded 11 acres we have. I believe we have a creek at the bottom of one hill, too (haven't gotten that deep into all the thorny thickets yet, LOL). The "pond" we have occasionally, I want to expand and make permanent. We will be talking to pond builders to find out how to do that... The tremendous amount of rain we had yesterday - didn't fill it with water, but did add more sediment to it, making it shallower -
default_sad.png
Those of the pics that I have of "Water Worx".

Glad you guys enjoyed the video, it was a blast! Can't wait to go back
default_smile.png

It really is sad that we as riders (or drivers) lose so many opportunities to enjoy our horses away from home. We at least go to Assateague once a year with the big horses, but the water is usually too rough (or it's too darn cold!) to try and swim.

We have a local Wildlife Management area that is threatening to close its doors on Equine Riding. They've closed certain trails and areas to horses, but of course... there's a fool out there willing to ruin it for all of us because the rules are beneath them. It is very frustrating and sad.

Latest posts

Back