Turbo learned a valuable lesson yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2016-05-04 19.16.48.jpg

Thank you for asking Paula. His leg is closing up nicely, I keep washing and debrieding it daily and now it is nice and pink on the inside and I can no longer see through his leg! All of the swelling has gone away and he is back to his mischievois self. He is finished with antibiotics and lasix. It wasn't wanting to close on the edges until I scrubbed at the scab a little rougher than Turbo would have liked, but now it can heal faster. I am just glad we kept it from getting infected. I lost a cow to a similar injury last summer, her joints got so infected she couldn't be saved. It will definitely take a while longer to heal completely, but atleast he can go back outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks hellishly sore, poor mite.
default_sad.png

OMG, what a terrible injury! It looks like you are doig a FABULOUS job on it though, so pat yourself on the back! (Many wouldn't be as dedicated as you have been!)
default_firstprize.gif

2016-06-14 23.32.22.jpg2016-06-14 23.31.58.jpg

Almost closed completely, he is moving sound now, luckily he has been able to be turn3d out in a small paddock, as stall rest drove him nuts. The more he keeps moving the better he feels. He got the okay to get back into work. My husband put him in with his mare, Janey and he seems to be enjoying the company. Thank you everyone for asking about his progress.

Yes, I keep a bookshelf full of reference books in the office/grooming bay. Everything from the Merek Veterinary manual to the Horseman's Bible. It's proven very handy during riding lessons, horse camp and late night emergencies. I keep an ond vanity in there and use it as a desk for paperwork, my white boards to organize feed, work and turnout schedules and all of the grooming supplies. Since the main part of the barn is still under renovation, my stalls are all on the outside row of the barn, I wanted an "all season" place to crosstie horses. 2016-06-15 21.20.35.jpg2016-06-15 21.18.50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back