Tinkerbell's foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellesan

Reaction score
I have been posting questions and photos under "maiden mare size" but wanted to move her progress here for her own foaling thread.

She is currently 245-250 days along. First 2 pictures were on Monday, last photo is with the stallion. Color guesses?? She is palomino pinto and he is a bay roan.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Offspring Color Probability

8.20% -​
Bay Roan
8.20% -​
Buckskin
8.20% -​
Buckskin Roan Tobiano
8.20% -​
Bay
8.20% -​
Bay Roan Tobiano
8.20% -​
Buckskin Tobiano
8.20% -​
Bay Tobiano
8.20% -​
Buckskin Roan
3.13% -​
Red Roan
3.13% -​
Palomino
3.13% -​
Palomino Roan Tobiano
3.13% -​
Red (Chestnut/Sorrel)
3.13% -​
Red Roan Tobiano
3.13% -​
Palomino Tobiano
3.13% -​
Red (Chestnut/Sorrel) Tobiano
3.13% -​
Palomino Roan
1.17% -​
Blue Roan Tobiano
1.17% -​
Smoky Black Tobiano
1.17% -​
Black Tobiano
1.17% -​
Smoky Blue Roan
1.17% -​
Blue Roan
1.17% -​
Smoky Black
1.17% -​
Smoky Blue Roan Tobiano
1.17% -​
Black
Anyones guess
default_new_rofl.gif
:

And, if the palomino carries silver, you can add silver to any of those possibilities.

If the bay roan is homozygous for E (black), then you can take away all the red based choices (palominos and reds). If he's homozygous A at agouti, you can take away all the black choices. If he's homozygous for both; all offspring will be bay based.

I know!! It's gonna be interesting!!!! Tinkerbell's dam is listed as "brown" on her papers but I don't think that is correct (even though I saw her in person and looks brown). Sire was black pinto. When I put them in the genetics calculator, palomino pinto (tobiano) does not come up. I think her dam was actually smokey black--that's the only way I could get palomino tobiano to come up. That was a 1.56% chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
And, if the palomino carries silver, you can add silver to any of those possibilities.

If the bay roan is homozygous for E (black), then you can take away all the red based choices (palominos and reds). If he's homozygous A at agouti, you can take away all the black choices. If he's homozygous for both; all offspring will be bay based.
Chanda, they have not tested the stallion. I know he did produce a black foal out of a sorrel mare though. Does that help? I wish I knew some of these, but then again it will be fun to see what comes out. I would love any buckskin or bay tobiano.
default_smile.png
but as long as it's healthy I will be super happy.

She looks great!

Funny thing - her belly will be "different sizes" depending on the angle that you look at her at OR take pictures at...

She looks great!

Funny thing - her belly will be "different sizes" depending on the angle that you look at her at OR take pictures at...
True!! and some days she just looks bigger or smaller in general, probably just my eyes!

to demo going from "wide load" to "squeeze play", her is Tory in 2013 when she had Echo. Echo will be 3 yrs old next month. That's supposed to be 345 days, not 245, which is consistent with her previous foaling dates w/i a couple of days.

13apr9to094.jpg

13apr9to096.jpg

13apr9to099.jpg
13apr9to117.jpg

This photo taken about 345 am and he was foaled about 215 am... so about 12 hours after the pics were taken.

13apr10tColt175.jpg

266-271 days, shedding out nicely, baby active, Tink is doing great?

image.jpeg

Definitely some changes here in the last month! ?

image.jpeg

So if Tink took on first breed she will be at 279 days today. She is nipping at her belly a bit, is that normal this far out?

Latest posts

Back