2016 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! I did a couple of wool appliques while the power was out. I want to make some more American Girl doll clothes.
Thank you. [i have all 10 blocks done now, need to decide if I'm going to follow the pattern for borders and changed it up a bit.What type of outfits do you make for the American Girl Dolls? I'm pretty sure my niece has one, but she might be getting close to aging out of dolls other than for display.

Last edited by a moderator:
My, I haven't been here in awhile. But missed y'all. Been busy with family and crafts.

GusQTop1.jpg

Here is the first of two t-shirt quilts that I am working on. They are for my twin grandson's birthdays in May. I usually stick to lap quilts so I was wondering how you sandwich a quilt this size without a frame? I am just starting to interface the t-shirts for the second pieced top so not ready to sandwich them yet. I think these are going to be fun to quilt!

Lois

Hey, Lois, good to see you. I don't make quilts that size, but some of gals in my guild sandwich while at guild, they shove a couple of the tables together a go to work sandwiching. I think they tape down the backing, add the battery and then the top and start pinning.

Thanks for the info. I am dreading that part on this one and the next…just because I don't have a large size quilt frame to stretch it on.

Your quilt blocks are looking lovely. Can't wait to see it done as I love the flowers!

Lois, I got the top done, it's 60x60". I'll quilt it a little later as I have another top in mind, so going to start on that.

Victoria's Garden - choice pattern - top done.jpg

Wow, I love that patterns and the material that you chose. I love it!

I did find this on pinterest and I know now how I am going to get my quilt sandwiched. This I can do. Thanks for heading me in the right direction.

10174868_10206585240567787_752811694769969830_n.jpg

Ha - my first thought was ""pool noodles" - who'd a thought?"

Then I realized too wide, so must be insulation for plumbing or some such (we just took a whole lot of that off of some rusted out piping)...

GREAT IDEA, thanks for sharing what you found.

Working on another little quilt, now. Same fabric as the first, but I'm making up the pattern as I go.

Victoria's Garden - made up pattern top.jpg

I have one planned for my sister for her birthday. And, a gal I made a quilt for last year, has asked me to make one for her other son this year, I'm hoping I can get it done for his early March birthday (already found fabrics to work with, just waiting for one to come in the mail to get started).

I'm waiting on backing for my two red and black floral tops, so started on a commissioned quilt for someone.

Here are the first 8 blocks, waiting on some fabric to arrive, hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

Kims quilt - 2016 - first 8 blocks.jpg

I hope so. She is turning 11 and also sews. So I put together a couple outfits. snaps, buttons, thread, etc. for her to sew together herself.

I admire you crafty people! I would like to learn to crochet or knit this year. I've got a couple how-to books and DVDs that are supposed to teach you. My goal is to make an afghan. We've got afghans from my paternal grandmotherand maternal great aunt. I would love to be able to make some afghans for us and then as gifts to family members if I ever get that good!

I admire you crafty people! I would like to learn to crochet or knit this year. I've got a couple how-to books and DVDs that are supposed to teach you. My goal is to make an afghan. We've got afghans from my paternal grandmotherand maternal great aunt. I would love to be able to make some afghans for us and then as gifts to family members if I ever get that good!
Start small with baby size or even just potholders (placemats, something small), so you don't get discouraged at the time it takes to finish a big project.

My last fabric finally arrived, so I've finished the top. I needed to be a tad longer, so I added a little pieced border across the bottom to give me that length, I don't think it'll even be noticed in the completed quilt.

Kims quilt - 2016 - top.jpg

Latest posts

Back