LP Painted Ponys - 2016 foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready for pics?

Here's Ami's -

16feb06ami1035.jpg

16feb06ami1037.jpg

I got the first "real" udder shot on her - w/o killing either my phone or camera. I DO think she is developing...This is from between/behind her hind legs at hock level - only way I could get the pics to turn out. Still have lots of photos of just hairy belly, LOL.

16feb06ami1042.jpg

16feb06ko1067.jpg

GG's pics -

This first photo would have been hilarious, except she was simply not real happy. Her left hock is actually braced against her right one and those two front legs - where they are stretched out - are braced as well. Eyes are closed. The foal was doing some bumper car rolls between her hip and lower belly area. Wasn't quite "alien looking"...

16feb06gg1030.jpg

16feb06gg1031.jpg

16feb06gg1032.jpg

More milk than last time, but still a ways to go.

Look at all that HAIR! OMG. He is 4 - 1/2 months old now. He was bothering all the girls.

16feb06rid1054.jpg

16feb06rid1059.jpg

16feb06rid1062.jpg

and you'd thing this is his mom and not his "more than" 1/2 sister...

16feb06rid1072.jpg

Doesn't appear to be when I check out Bunny's other photos (not on line yet).... GRRRRR...

On other news - I got a call on Saturday and the last two ponies that I sold (in late 2013) will be coming back home. The mare may be in foal to the "colt" that was supposed to have been castrated (don't go there...). Waiting to find out if I can get the stallion in to an appointment for castration at the same time as I'm taking another friends' colt up to Raleigh at the end of March ...

If "Kechi" is pregnant, think the foal will be coming between late April and June (O's wife thought she saw "Brownie" "jump" her in July??). Here is a pic of her that I took in November when I last stopped in to check on them. While she does look like she might be in foal, she could also be fat. I just don't know and haven't seen here since I took these... I took these photos while standing from the outside of the pasture, couldn't get low enough to take "proper" possible preg pics.

Hmm, the more I look at those pics of "Kechi", the more I think she is probably pregnant. Not a problem. Will be an interesting foal! Will be either palomino or buckskin and could be a tobiano (don't know if that's a 100% or 50% chance - didn't have Toro color tested since the plan was for him to be gelded).

15nov15ke161914.jpg

15nov15ke161937.jpg

Here are the pics of "Toro" (they call him "Brownie").

15nov15to161935.jpg

15nov15to161950.jpg

I have a feeling that they never transferred either registered pony into their names. We shall see when I go to pick them up. They wanted younger ponies and went against my recommendations for purchase and they found out just why I recommended what I did (I leased out 1 and removed the other two from my sales list about 6 months after they purchased these two).

I had started "Kechi" in harness (and Julie had driven her once or twice, too), but she was very green and also not an easy pony - very reactive and not overly friendly either (but sure "PURDY!!" to look at). They stated that she's bad about bucking when they tried riding her (if they just threw a saddle on her and tried to ride, I'd say yep, that's what she'd be like). They also stated that "Toro" was bad as well. That caught me by surprise, because he was a pretty laid back fellow. Especially when I consider the amount of work he'd had vs how much "Kechi" had had. But I'm really "funny" about how I start my ponies under saddle when I know mine or anyone else's precious children are going to be riding them...

Gwen, our youngest granddaughter is excited to have our "White Unicorn" pony come home - think she may be riding her this summer. We'll straighten out whatever is the problem, fit a saddle to her correctly (that may not have been the issue - their saddles didn't look bad but I didn't see them saddled either) and shouldn't be a problem...

i tend to agree with Chanda, probably a lack of knowledge and handling on their part. At least you know they are coming back to you, ive always asked that be the case with any pony/horse Ive sold in the past.

On the plus side for you, One very happy granddaughter
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So what color is Kechi? Pale palomino? Max white pattern of some sort? Double cream? I can't tell by these pics. Grey? She's lovely, and she says she wouldn't mind living in Montana.

Kechi is a Cremello w/ a bay gene. I had her color tested. ee, Aa, CrCr. Can't remember if she was tested for silver - she does have silver ponies back a couple of generations that could have passed forward w/o showing. I have to update her photo album. From here at work, can't link to that either...

THANKS, everyone. I'm very excited to get our website back up and running, been a LONG while...

So I just checked thru our records and I did not have Kechi checked for silver. There are other paint type color patterns I didn't test for either - mainly because parents either didn't display them or were very minimal. We shall see what she produces.

Here is "Kechi"'s album. After I get her paperwork back, I need to update the album as well as doing her own page. I hadn't realized that I had not done the description of her on her photo album. Most, I at least do the sire and dam's proper names.

I had the email waiting for me today, too. Toro will be gelded on March 25th. So that means that 4 vet students will work on two ponies, LOL... Here is Toro's album - Toro was the last foal for Magic from AJ. They produced 4 foals together - a black tobiano filly, a (red) bay tobiano colt, a black tobiano colt and Toro is bay, and in some circles would be called a "black bay"...

Well, hmmm, OK then.

Try again. Toro Album

I did the link different and it should work this time, LOL.

So that people can understand that weird things can happen when a mare is in foal - Magic (Toro's dam) got sick. External US and blood tests done over a 3 or 4 month period "said" that she wasn't pregnant. Not 1, but 2 different vet practices were "stumped" as to what was going on - she had a very weird (I didn't take lots of pics then) basketball "thing" going on in her belly and colicked or acted "ulcery" quite a bit. Ulcer meds didn't make a difference, though. I drew a line at what we could afford to pay for treatments and when nothing seemed to work, we waited it out.

Magic looked horrible! There was no bag development from one day to the next and then there was a baby. A LARGE baby! Magic actually picked back up very well after Toro was born - w/ no real changes made in her day to day feeding - though my feed charts say I went to feeding her (and another mare) 4 times daily, I made the amounts each time smaller so overall, she was eating the same amount.

You can see her in his first pics. Right about a month after his birth, she looked completely different.

Well, I have news on both projects today!

I made it to go pick up Kechi and Toro today - but was a bit worried as neither had been caught and no-one around. As I pulled around and faced out of the driveway, someone else pulled in. He was surprised I was there(friend or relative of Oswaldo), but a call to Oswaldo (owner) found that his wife had had to take children somewhere (they speak almost no english and my Spanish - well let's just say it's not the same to speak it in person as what you learn in jr high - I was lost yet again). But he waved me into the pasture to catch the pair (yikes - I'd been told they were bad about everything and I was expecting them to be caught and in a pen). Well I followed Kechi's movements for about 10 minutes - 2x getting close enough to catch her but she ducked under my arm and kept right going... ugh. The other woman (wife of the guy?), came into the pasture (HUGE) and when Kechi made a mistake and ducked between one of the work trucks and the fence she stopped her on her end and I came up behind, stepped right up to her and haltered her.

Toro used to be laid back and easy - he would turn and face you and stand - sometimes walk right up to you. Not now. The other guy took Kechi's lead over the fence and held her tight and Toro... well he was all kind of excited on the opposite side of Kech from me. I reached up and touched his ear (didn't want him mounting her while I was trying to catch him), then slid right around her haunches and got him. Once I had my arm around his neck, he stopped... Loading was a different story. You'd of thought they'd never seen a trailer at all before w/ the snort and blow stuff and the the planted/braced legs. Ah, well - got them loaded and tied and we were on our way.

Most of the pics I took with my phone didn't turn out. Very "foggy" or blurry. But got a couple of them anyway.

Kechi -

16feb19ke172327.jpg

16feb19ke172611.jpg

Mostly "butt shots" of Toro this time around...

16feb19to172357.jpg

16feb19to172444.jpg

16feb19to172721.jpg

Before I left to go get them, I had been playing with our website in WordPress again... Hmmm, found a different tutorial on the name change/server set up for the new domain name that I purchased separately thru GoDaddy to be used. So I followed those instructions and "let it go"... Then fiddled some more in the "Dashboard" - the "backend" of the site that allows you to do your blog posts, set up the site and set pages. Again, referenced the new tutorial, and FOUND the problem w/ the static front page... At least I'd appeared to.

Went and got the ponies, picked up my scrip from pharmacy, picked up dinner (yea! - hmm, KFC doesn't taste anywhere near as good as it used to). Got back, unloaded, did chores that weren't done and went up to house (trk left hooked to trailer in pasture, though). After eating supper, I checked the site! OOOOOO - IT WORKED!

I still have some bugs to work out. BUT, I've got most of the site up and running - so go check it out... I will need to do up a page for Kechi and Toro and their foal... Plus will need to do a Sales page and about us section. When the about us is done, will change the wording on the Home/Welcome page. The main problem right now if figuring out how to "hook" the blog into the News Page. That "fix" didn't work and I'm not sure why or what to do next on that one... We'll find it in the next week or so and then can move on...

LP Painted Ponys

Kechi has a nice baby bump. Toro looks nice, can't wait to see their foal

The foal will be interesting! Well could be a palomino (maybe?) or buckskin - maybe tobiano, maybe not? I know that Toro got both an E and a T from AJ (his sire). But I don't know what he got from his dam (well, bay..)... We shall see.

Honestly, in several of the pics, Toro looks just as pregnant as Kechi does!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the graphics and set-up!! Easy to read type-set, descriptive-yet simple-explanations, clear pictures, and the banners are beautiful! It's a great selection of photos that exhibit your "People Ponies for Pony People" tagline.

Well, better get dressed and go. As far as Kechi, yeah, that looks like a big ole baby belly!

Chandab and Ryan nailed it. I DO speak Spanish and I've handled Kechi (*hug, hug, grin, grin*) and I KNOW that the training method used here was not appropriate for Kechi's personality. The lady was the trainer, and her method included "trainers' arrogance"....you CANNOT man-handle or force Kechi. She doesn't like to be subdued or be corrected unfairly. She WILL hold a grudge, and will "get you back" in a variety of ways that range from ignoring, to running away, to not doing things you KNOW she understands. She's very intelligent and has a workmanlike ethic. She "gets it" quick and wants to move on to the next step...even when she doesn't really know what that is! Doesn't like repetition, so you have to do constant transitions to keep her from getting "sulky".

Well, guess I'm writing a book! LOL Running for church for really now!!

SMILES, Julie!!

Don't know if the lady did any training or not. She acted pretty afraid of Kechi (I caught Kechi rather than break down into laughter. If I'd doubled over behind her, I'd either have been kicked or run over and we'd never have gotten Kechi caught, BIG GRIN). However, the younger guy whom I'd had the chance to ask lots of questions of hasn't been around. Don't know what happened there. Maybe if I spoke/understood (understood being operative word) better, I'd know?

Oswaldo actually seems to want to sell several full size horses he's acquired, too.

Email issue fixed. Working on the rest before I go back out side or??? Too funny on combining the 3rd/4th PP. I had them together originally and family said I should separate it. When I accidentally deleted the original home page, I lost the original text (which was only 2 paragraphs of pretty to the point "mission statement"). After losing it, I couldn't get it back no matter what - either technically or memory. What I have now isn't what I started with. Personally, its more for an "about us" page... But...??

That's like I have some nice write ups for a couple of ponies, but for the rest, I ran out of steam and short but correct and quality descriptions. In fact, when Skye asked me about one yesterday, I just laid down on the couch and went "ooof"... Skye and I got some issues fixed rather quickly (she's so quick w/ html that I felt like I was on a roller coaster and physically ill). The table issues for "Produce" records on the mares are eluding us at the moment - think it ties into style sheet/CSS and WP "fighting" each other.
default_closedeyes.gif
I was told, years ago, when I had my first WP site that tables were an issue. Newer themes address that, but I didn't find a theme w/ a look I like (I LOVE my header image(s) - that's what I wanted and it works better now than it did when I had the original site done.

Eventually, will probably do foals the way I did the other ponies. A table with the links going to individual years - then those pages listing individual ponies. Will do another link on the black menu bar for Sales and think I will go back to having both for sale and happy homes. Not sure on that one yet. Just wanted to get a website back up and running the way I liked it (framework). Can't believe I got all the pages done that I've gotten done!! That's everyone EXCEPT Kechi (need her papers back to do her pedigree), Flower & Sami (both 1/2 shetlands - not registered)... I was THRILLED to get it this far...

Back