Do you think my mare is Pregnant or just Fat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to your question on clear fluid, sometimes you can even get that on open (not pregnant) mares. One of mine tricked me for weeks, I thought she was pregnant, and was getting fluid... but, nope. Brat. LOL ;)

That said, I do think your girl is in foal
default_smile.png

As to your question on clear fluid, sometimes you can even get that on open (not pregnant) mares. One of mine tricked me for weeks, I thought she was pregnant, and was getting fluid... but, nope. Brat. LOL ;)

That said, I do think your girl is in foal
default_smile.png
Oh really?

Ah! Now I am on the edge of my seat again
default_ohnoes.jpg
I really hope she is pregnant.

LOL So sorry! IIRC from reading the thread last night, she was with the stallion in May and June? So you can either have a vet come check, or you can do the Wee Foal 120. Then you can know
default_smile.png
And let US know! :D

And hopefully I'm not confusing the months... I haven't been on this forum in years and I was reading a lot of it last night, so many threads, plus another forum... so hopefully I didn't confuse the two ;)

Thats correct, It was just a rough guess though as I never wrote down dates. I just looked up the Weefoal 120, its only $37. Ill surely try one! And Ill also share with everyone her results!

So I have to try find a test in Australia. It will cost a fair bit to get one over here. Hopefully I will find one.

With that, some photos of my little Miss
default_smile.png

Oh and I forgot the udder photo. Her udder is small again. But she has been out eating all day. I read that the udder may 'shrink' while the mare is out and about then get bigger when she rests. But would that count for Snickas? She is only walking around eating so I dont know if that would make her udder go smaller.

I'm curious I notice there's a lot of talk and photos about utter development, but would there actually be any utter change at all this early? I thought the changes are shorty before birth or maybe a couple weeks prior? Correct me if I'm wrong please

I also read on the internet that pregnant mares will get the little white dots on their nipples. In the last photo Snickas has white dots on hers too. I just cant find what they mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of mini mares that have those on & off all year around, one hasn't had a foal in years and the other has never had a foal or been pregnant, I don't think they're related to pregnancy at all. Your mare is round and certainly looks preggy, better to buy the weefoal 120 and finally know for sure though
default_smile.png
by looks alone she sure looks like she'd be farther along then 6 or is it 7 months?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh alright thanks for that Suebe. I can't really see how she could possibly be any further along as we didn't have a fertile stallion until Steve, so really she has to be in that time frame I guess. I know what you mean tough how she looks farther along
default_smile.png
Some days she just looks like a little balloon haha.

Oh and I was out getting photos again and I had to put the horses away off the paddock. I got all in and Snickas was waiting for me to put her in too, I walked up do her and she ran away bouncing and prancing. Then she kept running back down the paddock away from me. I was going to go follow her to catch her. But instead I just waited. She went bolting around the paddock and then came back up and put herself into the pens. Silly girl.

Here are the photos I got. They aren't the best quality, my camera was on the wrong setting, oops.

Wow thanks Diane! That all helps a lot! Snickas is roughly 35 Inches and she is a maiden.
default_smile.png

I will try get photos as you have described, I mainly just got the udder photos, those were the easy ones haha. I'll get some photos soon for you, proper ones
default_smile.png
Thanks again!

Me too! I really hope a filly, otherwise I'll have to sell if its a boy. Out of the 2 foals born here both have been colts. So I really hope shes a girl haha. If we get a coloured filly I want to call her Moo
default_smile.png
I think that would be pretty cute.

My mum asked what Id call it if I was a boy. I straight up said "Gavin" so I had a Gavin and a Kevin haha. But she said no cause one of dads good friends are called Gavin. Haha I'm still not too sure on the names yet. I'd like to see if she is 100% Pregnant
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back