Unknown dates: please help!! (Pics attached)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Picture from behind looks like baby is riding sideways but that's nothing a few good rolls wont fix to help line baby up. When you take the next set of pics , try and take them from down at her level if you can
default_smile.png

Watch for any changes in behaviour. I know you only got her recently but it could be the slightest change like she is standing in a different position to where she normally stands.

Hope she doesn't make you wait too much longer , but that will soon be forgotten about when her foal arrives
default_thumbup.gif

Hi! Just a quick update on Star. We are on day 346-- She is laying down more and when standing is lifting her tail more than usual. Other than that not many obvious changes. It is storming her tonight and we had a double rainbow directly over the barn--lets hope that is a sign!! Here are a couple pics from tonight! We are ready for that foal!! What do you think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi!! No foal yet...she has been lying on her side a lot today-but slowly rolls up once she sees us. I took a couple pics tonight...looks the same to me. I attempted to get a vulva pic but she was not having it tonight!

Thank you for all your help!! My seven year old daughter said 3 weeks ago she thought she would have it May 1st...I kinda laughed thinking she will have it waaaaaaay before than!! Little did I know how stubborn these mares can be!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

UPDATE-DAY 351

If the previous owners dates are right we are soon closing in on Day 351. Not very many changes to report...I have actually second guessed myself on her pregnancy!! Lol!! Here is a pic from today. Can anyone tell any changes at all from my last pics?

Thanks!

Tracie

Wow she is surely pregnant... No need to second guess on that! She has dropped for sure too! Won't be much longer! How is her udder?

Cam--I totally understand!! Do you have any pics to share? We can compare!! Here we are again day 353!!

image.jpg

That's a nice udder!! Maybe she isn't as far along as 359 days? Is that possible? I bet you are so tired!! I feel bad for you!
default_sad.png

It is possible!! She had been with the stallion sharing a pasture for almost a year. The previous owner said she thought she was bred 5/18/14....but who knows!! What would you think? I also heard that many mini's have been going 12 months this year? I

Well with that nice udder I would say that she certainly couldn't go past another month... I would say not even 2 weeks... Her vulva still looks toght and unwilling to let go of anything in there though! Lol but it's so hard to say... My mare kept me up a solid month... No exaggeration! She had a nice full udder for a whole month. I was so exahusted and I got sick! And then she had him during the day for me
default_smile.png
I would personally think she is not quite 359 days yet... But I have only foaled out one mini and I have just learned by keeping up with everyone's post and their mares, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about! We need Diane!! And Anna!!

Latest posts

Back