Bubble's pregnancy tread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks again everybody !!, i let her out with the foal yesterday it was warm and sunny , she enjoyed it but return in her stall by herself after 15 minutes and stayed there so she ain't ready yet to go out with the others. I will post new pic as soon as the weather gets better here and when she'll be able to stay outside (stall pictures arent nice..).

default_smile.png

Wow, I'g gone for a couple of days and everyone foals!

Congratulation on such a cutie!

thanks
default_smile.png
sorry i was to post new pictures but i had so many bad lucks since last week , my truck's transmission died , my washer machine broke .. my new mare is not accepted at all by the other mare and she is not nice with my kids so i have to sell her back i guess , when everything will come down a bit i'll be posting new pics
default_frusty.gif

What's happening with the new mare? Explain what the behavior is, and maybe we can help.

Adding a mare can sometimes just mean letting them work it out amongst themselves. They will set up a pecking order, and settle down. But what's she doing with your kids that is not acceptable? Maybe we will have some ideas, since there is a struggle.

Well Diane she has not been handled much and i guess nobody has ever teach her good behavior. She kick my boy on his leg when he went to see her (warning kick he did not get badly injured) , tried to bite at me several times , she run after the foal like she was going to attack she doesnt seem to know what it is or what to do with it , hard to explain in english. Looks like if mom has not been there to raise her , previous owner just told me the mother of this mare was completly crazy ?! Horses don't turn crazy for nothing..

I have worked her , she learned the hard way that it is not nice to bite and kick and i think that she understood that part well at least she did not try to bite or kick again. I have trained several horse with bad behaviors ..its just that this is not what i have first expected from her i'm a bit disapointed since i do not have much time to train her and i want my kids safe when they go see them. i knew she was physicaly neglected a bit but not mentally too lol

I have decide to keep her and keep on the work but if she ever injure one on my kid again she is leaving for sure.

Totally agree, as your children must be safe. I'm glad you're going to keep trying a bit, but I understand your decision if it doesn't work out.

Has she gone through her quarantine time coming to your place and been given time to settle in to your routine? Some take time to settle in to a new routine. Hopefully with a little time and training, she'll fit in, but if not we understand that for your kid's safety she might have to move on.

Thanks ,Chandab well i still have the new mare , i am giving her 2 more weeks then i'll take a decision , she came down a bit but i still dont trust her near the kids so i ask them to stay close to the stallion since he doesnt like her either she wont approach him it makes a good baby-sitter lol

Latest posts

Back