Bubble's pregnancy tread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mane_and_Tail

Reaction score
Hi everybody!! , i'm a frenchy and new to this forum well i have been reading a lot here but it is the first time i post a topic and i hope you'll understand my english and forgive me if i do mistakes
default_smile.png

I want your opinion on my 5yrs old maiden mare that is 302 days now , bagging up but no milk whatsoever to test , a little elongated vulva , keeps her tail high all the time , soft around the tail and no resistance or a little when i lift it . So do you think i should stop sleeping right now or i can still wait a bit ? i Have attached couples of pic let me know what you thinks , still have her winter coat , i feel a bit nervous since she is a maiden

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Welcome!!! No worries about your English, sounds great to me! Your mare is very cute!! She is looking good, I'm sure some of the aunties on here can help you out : )

Welcome to the forum
default_smile.png

Your Mare is lovely and she is looking great. I wouldn't be worried that you cannot express milk. She is developing her udder and shopping for milk supplies.

There are some really wonderful threads at the top of this section of the forum that have been put together by some very knowledgeable people. Have a read through them as they are great.

Ask away any questions that you have , everyone is extra nice on this forum.

Looking forward to watching your mare as she progresses
default_smile.png

Awe she is pretty and so is the dad. There are lots of knowledgable people on this forum. They are always helpful. Welcome!

so is there anybody with experience foaling a maiden , i would like to know if you think it is time for me to wake up every 2-3 hours in the night ? i know some maiden will only produce milk while or right after they foal , unfortunately i have no idea what my mare is going to do but for those of you that have followed a couple of maiden in their pregnancy may i please have your opinion on her ? thanks
default_smile.png

Hello! I have had the privilege of losing my mind and an entire month of sleep foaling out a maiden mare. ? it was 2 years ago. Every mare is different and shows different signs at different times. But it is helpful to learn these things so you will know what to watch for! It's also helpful to post pictures of her progressing so we can help you too!!

Your little gal is too cute!! She is making a very nice udder for you for a maiden!! My mare did the same thing, she had a huge full bag but I could never express any milk from her, so don't worry about that at all!

She is showing good signs with loose muscles and tail and elongated vulva.... Also watch for a change in her belly, it should drop down, and almost disappear from the sides when she is ready to foal.

Since she is showing some signs already it would not hurt to be checking her through out the night. Minis can go from 300 to 360 days, and it's very important to be there when she foals in case she needs assistance. We are here to help you so ask questions and post pictures!!

thanks SummerTime ! It is frustating .. i want to be there but i have like most people to manage work , kids ..well life in general and this is the main reason i decided to post here so the ones with experience could give a very appreciate hand . it ain't my first mini foal but my other mare was a broodmare and she went by the book and let me sleep , since my maiden carries high and tight i don't even know is her belly will really drop more than this . I expect her to foal around the 1st of May but it can be anytime too. I really appreciate the fact that she at least making a nice bag so i can watch the progression of it , is remains tight all day long even when she is turned out but it ain't very full/firm yet. i will post new pictures in the next couples of days

It is frustrating! I remember saying the same thing on here... How can I watch this mare like crazy and still take care of my family??!! Then we all got sick... It was some stressful times! Lol and then after all those sleepless nights she had mercy on me and foaled during the day! I hope it does not drag out for you and she gives you some good signs that she is close to foaling!! ?

Diane is very helpful in seeing things and knowing when they are getting ready to foal... She's usually on here but I haven't seen her post for a couple of days... Hopefully the next pictures/updates you post she will be able to help you even more!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have read your post about summer it's kinda funny to see that we all feel the same when they get close , you had a wonderful colt !! very nice boy
default_smile.png

took that picture this morning ,i wasn't able to check her udder she wanted to bite and kick me this morning ..

IMG_1114.JPG

she was really wide today , some days she's wider other days she looks more slim i guess it depend what baby is doing in there ..he or she was moving so much tonight , i was able so follow a foot or someting else under the belly , it was a bump that was moving around i love when you can almost ''play'' with them .. you push a little then they kick back so funny ! i will add new pictures soon

Latest posts

Back