Baby Bump??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madison H

Reaction score
I have a 4 year old miniature mare (Amarillo) and she was in with a stud from July to fall. I am wondering if you guys think she is pregnant or not. I don't know how many days she would be at, but I am looking for some new eyes to look and see! What do you guys think?

PicsArt_1428780857485.jpg

PicsArt_1428780824546.jpg

PicsArt_1428780530736.jpg

She certainly looks pregnant and if she were pastured with a stud for that length of time then I'd say you can be expecting a baby. Welcome to the Nutty Nursery!

Thanks, does anybody have any idea how far along you think she is?! I found a picture of her belly before and a picture of her now! Her belly is a bit bigger and she is a little fluffy now!

PicsArt_1428790592654.jpg

My guess is she probably took the first go round... So 9 months? But I don't know nearly as much as other very seasoned mini midwives on here :) I'm sure you will get some more guesses soon!

It's very hard to know from pictures. Here are two of my mares that are just 9 months along. One you would never know and one is obvious. Both have had foals before.

Best thing to do is put your hand just in front of the udder during mealtime and you'll feel baby kicking if your patient. That's when I'm certain they are pregnant.
default_smile.png

Carmel 257.JPG

Dream rear 267.JPG

Definitely pregnant as everyone has stated. She is very pretty
default_smile.png
. Welcome and congrats on a soon to be baby

What a cute cute mare! I would also guess pregnant!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks, I will try feeling there for a baby when they eat and see if i can feel some movement! I am so excited for the foals to come!!

I'm in agreement that we'll be watching for a baby with you!! I'd say she's in her last trimester, so now is the time for a higher protein level -- a mare/foal feed with some alfalfa during these last couple of months/weeks.

WELCOME to our Nutty Nursery, and we are here to help in any way we can, and answer any and all questions you may have. No question too silly to ask -- we will share our experiences and try to get you any answers you need.

~~Diane

Latest posts

Back