Rescue mare in foal ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the wait is over !!!!!!!!!!

It's a Filly
default_yes.gif
not sure what colour she is yet - thinking bay/brown

will post some photo's later

bit of a struggle for Twix but she managed, thank goodness !

Meet Whisper Gold, not the best photo's but Twix is VERY foal proud at the moment !

Not sure what colour she is - Twix is silver dapple but no idea what the sire is.

whisper 018.jpg

whisper 012.jpg

Congrats and what a little beauty!!

I love the silver dapple coloring - both black and bay. There are other silver related colors as well - I'm not familiar with the Silver BROWN foal coat colors. Actually, don't think I'd seen/heard of anyone having one in the mini/shetlands. I'd been wondering if we had any, LOL... Know that that seems to be what is most happening in the QH/PH breed - the main stallion tested was a silver brown and he seemed to pass that particular color combo. The brown agouti is VERY similar to bay on the same allele, but different coloring action/look produced.

My silver black foals all have looked "gun metal grey" or "blue" w/ the light coloring around the eyes, above hooves, around the back of the legs & in the elbows/flanks. Our silver bay foals have had mostly white manes and tails and either high white stockings or completely white legs(tobiano pintos) so very little black markings to show the "silver affect" - making most folks think they are chestnut not silver bay. My smokey silver black colt looked PINK for months! Would have been perfect if he'd been a filly!

Will be interesting to see what your filly turns out to be. How fun!!

There is a Silver Equine FB page where you may learn more. Was a Silver Equine website, but the last time I checked it wasn't working (well, anyway) and a lot of photos had been removed.

If you'd like, I can post some pics of what mine have looked like as foals - w/ the mares looking a bit different in color... I have A LOT of photos.

O - and other than roan - silver dapples seem to have the most color coat changes throughout their lifetimes! They even fade "badly" from sun exposure!

I've had several that look like palominos with their winter coats and/or with sun fade during late/hot summers and also as they've gotten older... And currently have a filly that looked palomino shortly after birth (foal coat) - finally shed off a little darker as a yearling (not much!) and then went "pally" again w/ winter coat and now shedding off a very dark color. I MAY be sending in her color sample today - have to make it to the post office when they are OPEN. I know that she is homozygous black - she may be homozygous silver which is causing the different shading (the two mares, Bell & Bit, are tested homozygous silver and they appear to be getting more "pally" every winter...) in her coat OR she's just different,
default_smile.png

thank you all for your kind comments on Whisper Gold
default_yes.gif

once i can get mare and foal outside i'll take some photo's and hopefully be able to see more of her colour !

Latest posts

Back